UV Clarifier use with Wetlands

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to setup a wetlands are with my pond, but have read conflicting information about using a UV clarifier in the mechanical pre filter.

My setup at the moment is simple : pump - mechanical filter/UV light - return.

I'm having massive green water problems (see my other post!), so i want to change the system to : pump - mechanical filter/uv light - bio filter - wetlands - return.

However, i've read some articles that claim that the Ozone that the UV lamps produce in the water can affect the way the biofilter and wetlands then function.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it better to remove the UV clarifier, or place it in another position in the system?

cheers,

Andy.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thats why they say its better to hook up your u.v after the bio filter..not before, but i hook mine up before because i have a waterfall weir right on my filter so i really could put it after. it still works. i turn mine off as soon as water clears.

Reaction score
Thanks.

So this means, if the bio filter is supplying the wetlands, then i need to put the UV filter *after* the wetlands, or not have one at all then?

cheers,

Andy.

Ask a Question