water underneath my pond liner - what to do?

Reaction score
hello,

My pond is 30ft x 15ft and 3ft deep with hard clay (texas)

under-liner and liner installed.

i didnt staple my liners on to the ground (should i ? ) , i only have rocks and gravel cover the liners on top.

i need help to resolve the problem with water went underneath between my under-liner and the liner which created bubbles on the sides of my pond

seem like the water underneath pushes the liner toward the middle of pond because i have rocks and heavy stuff in the middle.

Note: It is impossible to do anything now (a lot of trees, decoration, gravel, heavy rocks on top of the liner)

please help

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi, welcome!
Is it a ground water seeping up or rain water going down? If it's the rain water then you might need to make a berm around the pond so that the edge is raise higher than the ground, just a few inch should help.

Reaction score
it is rain water .. sorry forget to add that

and here is the picture of the pond when i first started 2 yrs ago

pond.jpg

i dont think i can create "a berm" now since all sides of the pond are filled with gravel and rocks

should i remove everything or there is an easy way to do it and to prevent future from happening again?

thnks

Reaction score
Personally I would consider removing all the rocks etc and building up the edge and tapering it so that it would flow run off away from the pond. Obviously we can't see the completed project but you have to consider that some of the run off is also flowing into the pond. This could lead to things like lawn fertilizer or weed killer getting into the pond. Just something to think about.

Reaction score
well i guess iam going to remove everything around the pond and create "a berm" around the pond.

should i put the berm in the middle of the liner where the boys standing and have the liner go over it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If its the water table you may need to did a sort of drainage channel to take the water away hoang I've seen pictures of ponds that look like a whale has surfaced in the middle as the pond liner was pushed up as far as it would go .

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
A berm won't do anything. You'll need something to drain away the ground water. My pond does the same thing after a heavy rain. But because my pond is on high ground, the water soon drains away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Assuming the problem happened after heavy rain, the shape of the bottom of the pond may have allowed air bubbles to settle out of the rain water and collect where the ground had a slightly raised dome shape

You can get in the pond and gently nudge the bubble to some side where the air can escape...

When you make a pond, it can be helpful to anticipate the deep area is shaped so air bubbles cannot collect under the liner, and make it easy to vent them, after storms

Regards, andy
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/

Ask a Question