What are your favorite things to do in the Fall?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I like to rake a huge pile of leaves (too early now) and then jump in it with the kids!:D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Go somewhere where it is not raining and @addy1 why do you need blue jeans? You gonna ride those wild horses? :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love the cool, fall mornings on the patio with a warm cup of coffee. And a fire at night feels good again!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Go somewhere where it is not raining and @addy1 why do you need blue jeans? You gonna ride those wild horses? :D
lol Wearing blue jeans means it has finally cooled down! OW in shorts, tanks, nothing..............

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hike, camp, canoe, eat apple pie, watch horror movies, have fires, cry myself to sleep at the thought of Winter coming, etc. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Finally not being bitten by a mosquito. :blackeye:
Amen to that!! We have a partially-wooded lot, so between that and the pond, the skeeter population here is ridiculous during the summer.

During the fall, I like traveling up to our cottage in Michigan in October to see the colors and also to bring home fresh salmon. The salmon come in from Lake Michigan and the DNR harvests their eggs to keep the fish population going... and then some of the local bait shops/general stores end up selling whole salmon to the public for about $7 per fish. There is some work involved cleaning and filleting the fish and then vacuum-sealing the meat, but for $35 plus some labor we end up with a 2-year supply of salmon in our deep freezer. Can't beat that deal.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NOTHING??????? :shame::eek::unsure:
John
I over heat real bad sometimes that is all that will cool me off, cold shower and nothing put back on for a bit! I had real bad heat exhaustion when I was a kid, I have read it sticks with you forever. All I know is heat makes me ill.
Yesterday, we were 72, first day, since around May/early June, that I have been able to stay outside past 10 am. I have been house locked for months now. We had a record breaking hot summer.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Amen to that!! We have a partially-wooded lot, so between that and the pond, the skeeter population here is ridiculous during the summer.
We have bad skeeters here in Maryland, but here at our house we have none. I can remember being bitten once years ago. I think all the critters that live here snack on any that are brave enough to visit.
On the street next to us the people complain about the over load of skeeters.

Ask a Question