What is all this?

Reaction score
Just bought a house with a pond and know nothing about them. It's about 20 years old and at one time must have been top of the line, was featured in local home show, built by a top designer. It's evident from all the different pipes that are disconnected and excess equipment lying around that there have been some changes. There is a NurseryPro IPX6 filter system that no longer works, and a black power cord running into the top of a PVC pipe. The plants have grown out of the pots and have punctured the liner in multiple areas. I'm posting pics, if anyone can identify what this is and give me ideas on what I need to do it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• fr_145.jpg
    fr_145.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 238
  • fr_148.jpg
    fr_148.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 256
  • fr_142_size880.jpg
    fr_142_size880.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 233

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and nice pond .I don't know about the name but the white pipe looks like a uv .I would build my own stuff and find out how to replace the liner .See how it is attached .Maybe you could find out info about the article

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You've got a nice little pond there! It may need some work but looks like it'll be fantastic once you get it figured out. I really can't help you with the filter or anything. I'm building a bog to filter my pond. You might want to replace the liner. Punctures can be fixed but if its already 20 years old, buying new liner would probably be the best way to go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Wild guess at some point a mutt, hooved or clawed animal, rodent has chomped or stomped the pond liner and the plants roots went some way to plug the leaks. Then some ham fisted person started meddling with the pump and pipes trying to 'fix' it.

It's a grand feature, a jig saw to resurrect...

You can yank the plants out and trace where the leaks were that were never found, patch and maybe put another liner in.

Re assemble the botched pipes and get an electrical engineer (or dab hand) to figure if the old pump is viable, or replace it

Regards, andy
http://swglist.wordpress.com/
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome, your pond is charming! You probably need a new liner. Do you have any local pond experts that could help you, or are you wanting to do it yourself.

I agree the cord looks like it's to a uv light.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you know I was thinking about your post and it came to me if that is a 45 mil liner that will give a lot of ponders an idea how long the liners really do last and even being neglected shows us that if we neglect our plants what will happen .I just wonder how they put the liner in there and if they cemented the liner into the stone work .You may end up putting the liner over the top of the stone and then have to hide the liner with more stone on top .I looked at the pic and cannot really tell how liner is attached to the stone work .But i can tell you this who ever did it knew what they were doing with that stone work because it has not settled so they must have done 1 nice footing .I see cracks in the concrete slab there but no damage to the stone work from that slab damage .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leolady

Latest Threads