What's this flower/shrub?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
We bought this place 3 years ago and the previous owner was very into shrubs and trees. We're still trying to figure out what's what! Part of the problem is time and I suppose part is just laziness on our part. We know most now, but this is outside the fence, so it's been low on the "what is it" list. It's a large bush, about 5' tall and wide, covered with these blossoms and very attractive.

1050686 flowering shrub.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks like a rhododedron by the flowers and leaves and almost looks like one of my magnolias also but think it is rhodo. .I have mountain laurel around here in the woods and the smell is fantastic

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
up close it looks like it but agree honeysuckle .great for bees but here they can take over a piece of property just like kudzu

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Honeysuckle is a superb plant for wild corners of a large garden, wow what a fabulous scent, along with Trumpet vine and Mimosa, what are your favourite, really wild plants?

honeysuckle9.jpg

Ask a Question