Why did you choose your particular sceeen name?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I enjoy noticing all the various SCREEN NAMES people come up with, and often wonder how those particular names were chosen.

If you care to share, please tell us what your screen name means and why you chose it. I'll go first......

TURTLEMOMMY -- because I am the "mommy" to my pet box turtles! I wanted a non-fish name that would still identify me with my interest in ponding!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Short for Nepenthes - my favoirite plant

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I've been collecting NASCAR and Hotwheels diecast cars since 1989 when my son was born. I've been keeping fish since I was about 5-6 years old. When I made my eBay account I needed a screen name and came up with fishin4cars. Used it on every forum I've joined since then. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with either one.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My dad used the first two letters of his given name (HA) with the first two letters of his surname (RO) to identify his tools. Since I share his name, and now have many of his tools, it seemed only fitting to use HARO as my on-line name.
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My dad used the first two letters of his given name (HA) with the first two letters of his surname (RO) to identify his tools. Since I share his name, and now have many of his tools, it seemed only fitting to use HARO as my on-line name.
John
OK, my name would still be "MAMA." Nice!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
John
OK, my name would still be "MAMA." Nice!
Because i plow snow with a diesel.
Funny, but until a few months ago [before snow], I never noticed the "L" in "plower," and thought it was "dieselPOWER." Then one day, DUH!

Ask a Question