Why does treatment make you feel worse before it supposedly gets better?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Had a hydricortizone steriod injection right in the joint of my left thumb yesterday in an effort to elleviate Arhthrius which was bad enough .
But today wow I can hardly move it and have had resorted to finger typing for a while , which beggars the question why does threatmemt make you feel worse before you get better ???
I've had plenty operations in my time so I know this very well, but..... yet we go back for more why?

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had my thumb joint injected once for capsilitus, never again, the pain from the injection was horrible, for days. Did not cure the problem either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
believe me when I say this addy I have every sympathy for you and your thumb , thanx everyone for your concerns I'm going to have to grin and bear it these next few days .
Val hurt it in bed last night saying the hand was druming on her side boy did it make me jump .
How do I know if my fingers were druming I was asleep at the time ?:(
Might be a gentleman John but I have been known too :LOL:

Dave

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It has been around 10years since I hurt it, it still hurts if I use my hand too much or wrong movement, or a hard hand shake. I am very protective of that joint. And it is my right hand and I am very right hand dominant.
I remember trying to eat breakfast, I could not even hold the fork, the pain was so bad after the injection.

I feel for you Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Feel bad for you all w/ the horrible pains. Dave get well soon and addy take care of your hand too. I don't have anything that bad yet but things are creeping up on me. Right now able to use the Curcumin stuff to relieve some inflammation but my pain is nothing compared to what you guys are going through.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Are you still using curcumin, j.w.? I've tried three different versions, and find that after two or three months it no longer does anything. I'm currently trying cobra venom on my frozen shoulder, and it has helped, to the point where I can usually sleep through the night. If this wears off too, I don't know WHAT I'll try! Maybe Colleen's solution? ;)
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep still using the Curcumin everyday and it helps me good but I only have inflammation when I do something strenuous like long walks or digging etc. I don't need it when I sleep or am just hanging around doing light work. I only take one at a time and usually only once a day. I can take more tho if needed. Get mine at Costco w/ the BioPerene in it for enhancing the bio-availability of the Curcumin. http://www.costco.com/.product.100088941.html?&EMID=B2C_2014_0228_922_SpringSavings

What was Colleens idea.............I forgot. Wow where do you get cobra venom?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What was Colleens idea.............I forgot.
poff poff poff poff away..............

Do you get it in store or on line jw, the Curcumin? from costco

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
j.w., a certain Indian gentleman has several pharmacies in our area. He tried to get permission to sell this product, which apparently is very popular in India, but the case is dragging on forever. Since he can't sell it. he gave me some to try. One is a lotion to rub on the painful area, the other is a suglingual spray. Like I said, it SEEMS to be helping. I don't have a lot of pain during the day, but when I lie down, the shoulder joint seems to be pulling apart, and becomes VERY sore.
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy I get it at Costco either online or in the store. They have it both places.

@HARO maybe the snake stuff takes awhile to build up in your system and then if you take it every day it will continue to work better. Would be a bummer to have a pain that kept you awake. Not getting enough sleep can make one quite irritable.

Ask a Question