Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was at a picnic recently and topic of politics came up. I was astounded by the lack of knowledge out there. When I took the politicians name out and ask what they though about something they came back with a completely different person that they should be voting for. Well at least one side of the fence did, one side was better informed. So I ask why will you (or would you if you could vote) vote for Trump or Clinton. Be specific

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would not and will not vote for either. I have spent my adult life voting for the lessor of two evils and finally realized, I was still voting for evil.

I am for small government limited to what is outlined in the Constitution with all other laws left to the specific state (if I don't like how a state chooses to govern I can move). But unfortunately neither party supports that. The republicans support big government and corporate greed, while the democrats support distribution of wealth, hand outs and stifling free speech if you disagree with their view. Both parties support unconstitutional surveillance of US citizens (patriot act, NSA wire tapping implemented under Bush and continued under Obama).

So we are left with the choice between a known/proven criminal and evil self serving person at heart, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump who is as shady/scummy of a business man as anyone.

I think regardless of who is elected the results will be the same anyway as it's not really the president who keeps the country on the path we are on but rather the controllers behind the scenes. Example, Obama ran as the anti Bush candidate and while his supporter may like to say he is nothing Bush, he kept 98% of the Bush policies in place. The only thing he has done different is ratchet up spending to the next level.

So I will vote for neither. I just cant stomach it anymore. I will vote though and will sleep well after I do.

My prediction is whoever is elected, spending continues to increase, debt continues to increase, rights will continue to be taken away all for the appearance of security. Eventually our country as we know it will collapse, its just a matter of time at this point. The only question now is what we end up being after the collapse...

I also blame the downfall on the American people not the politicians. We have become a selfish culture of instant gratification, and raising our children to not accept any accountability for their actions. We feel we are entitled to things like "safe spaces", "smart phones" and all other comforts available.

"The government you elect is the government you deserve" -Thomas Jefferson

Politicians and the government as a whole are simply a reflection of the people. Our Trump VS Hillary election coming up proves we are an ugly, evil people.

Last edited:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I also blame the downfall on the American people not the politicians. We have become a selfish culture of instant gratification, and raising our children to not accept any accountability for their actions. We feel we are entitled to things like "safe spaces", "smart phones" and all other comforts available.

Tell it like it is!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada

"The government you elect is the government you deserve" -Thomas Jefferson

Politicians and the government as a whole are simply a reflection of the people. Our Trump VS Hillary election coming up proves we are an ugly, evil people.

One of the problems with democracy is that the majority of people will vote for whoever promises them the most.
Most people are not educated enough in economics to realize that what they are being promised is not affordable.
It all boils down to education, imo.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Most people consider their voting choices a private matter. You may not get many specific responses to your question. I will only say that I am voting for the one that I believe is the most qualified of the two available realistic choices.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
One of the problems with democracy is that the majority of people will vote for whoever promises them the most.
Most people are not educated enough in economics to realize that what they are being promised is not affordable.
It all boils down to education, imo.

Which is why our founding fathers created a Constitutional Republic rather than a Democracy. They understood the faults with a Democracy when you have mob rule. Unfortunately no one including our elected officials realize we are Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy and we have never been a Democracy.

When our country was originally founded only land owners could vote which makes sense to me especially in local elections. If you aren't paying property tax, you should have no say in what property tax is spent on and how high it is raised.

I also think that those who get welfare from the state or federal government should loose their right to vote until they stop getting welfare.

Some quotes from our founding fathers on their thoughts about democracies.
41859958ztemp.png

85631387image1.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Is there a way to mute a thread so I don't see replies under "new posts"? Or even the entire "General Chat" forum?

Reaction score
I don't want to ignore you or anyone else, just the topic of discussion. :)
The topic can be ignored and unfortunately it is by too many people. Elections matter whether you vote or don't you will be affected. Case in point federal judges are appointed by the party in power. Yesterday three decisions came down. First the State department should not require you to put your gender on the application for a passport. The State Department argued that it needed it to do back ground checks (which by the way keep your and me safe). The judge said nope don't do it any more or he will make it official. Second you can't make a straight line on your voting ballet to indicate that you are voting straight party line. Reason being that it causes undue hardship on black voters because that is the way they primarily vote. Third for voting showing one form of identification out of a choice of seven isn't allowed because someone may not have one of those forms of identification. Try getting on an airplane or applying for a library card without Id and see how far you will get. These decisions were not made by elected officials but by political appointees. The legislature is suppose to make laws and the judiciary to enforce them. These may seem insignificant in the grander scheme of things but what else can be decreed?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Heard something interesting on the TV a day or two ago: "The only time an American citizen should have to decide between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is when you're deciding on a Halloween costume!". :D But then, I'm not an American anyway!
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
American polititians "beware what you wish for", that's all I have to say on the matter just look at them in the UK caught out in their own lies the people voted to leave yet the government used every scare tactic in the book including President Obama to tell the British which way to vote and we stuck two fingers up at the lot of them and voted out of Europe leaving them to clean up the mess they creatated in the UK these last 40 some odd years with the Comon Market /EU superstate it was a bad experime nt that doesnt and isnt working
We all know they are currupt its time democracy cleaned up its act , you never see a poor polititian do you but wiithin streets of the wealth and grandure of the capitol is the other poorer side of America that never seems to get anything done for it

dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question