winter pump question

SE18

David V
Reaction score
I know this is an elementary question but I searched and couldn't find the answer or my OASE 1200 pump instruction manual. I closed down my canal and aqueduct b/c it is falling below freezing and stuck the pump in a 5 gallon bucket of water. Is there something else I need to do? e.g. clean the pump or something. I'm afraid if I took it apart it would never get back together.

EDIT: apologies; guess this topic should have gone in beginner section

The day before shutting down the system I took a short video

Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you tube has step by step repairs and matinence on all kinds of pumps .I found the repair guide for one of the pumps that I got in the auction box on there and fixed it .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It should be fine just in the bucket of water, keep the seals etc from drying out.

SE18

David V
Reaction score
found the youtube; basically near the end it just says to scrub inside and impeller with soft brush and clean water and remove debris, nothing exotic

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
glad you found it and that taking it out for the winter was so simple .It is amazing what they have on you tube .I found the repair guide for the pump I got in the auction box and it works great now and will probably take it to the other house to put it in that pond because it is 3200 gph and that is to big for my little pond .Probably blow the fish out the pond LOL .The other pond is about 20 x30 but may be taking it down to 20x20 to resolve some of the problems with it

Ask a Question