WOW Webb's

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have used Webb's for years and was sad to see them close the actual store but the online site is fantastic. Checked their prices vs several other companies and placed an order at noon. Just got a notice from UPS for package delivery for tomorrow. Guess what it's for??? Also free shipping on all orders over $59.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just got 2 more pumps from there ebay store for my neighbor .Did not know they actually had a store

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They closed it this last year. We had actually driven there a couple of times but it was a 2+ hour drive. Still a great company!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have done business with Webb's for more than ten years and have been nothing but satisfied with their merchandise and expertise. Kevin spent the better part of an hour helping me order everything I needed to install my Ultima ll system from the intake strainer to the hoses. When the shipment arrived I needed nothing other than some pvc pipe to finish the job. Any time I had an issue with warranty there was someone immediately available to help.
A couple of months ago I purchased a pump and filter to run the skimmer on a dedicated system and was somewhat disappointed with the assistance I received; definitely not up to past experience. I felt as though the person helping me was annoyed that I was asking so many questions and couldn't wait to get me off the phone. When I had difficulty plumbing the system I talked to the same person who was rude, insulting and talked to me as though I were an idiot. After I let a day or so go by to cool off I wrote to the president of the company and told him about my bad experience; I never received a response. Needless to say I was greatly disappointed. I am hoping that these are random issues and it does not happen again; I am hesitant to do business with them because of these bad experiences. Have recommended them to so many friends.........

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Since they closed their actual store everything is going thru Ebay. I'm guessing the people you have been dealing with are not actual Webbs employees. I have not dealt with their customer service lately but still finding great prices and fast shipping. I just ordered medicated food from them and had question so went straight to the company that makes the food. It's truly a shame that they closed the store.
I just got an email from Aqua-Meds which is one of the lines of products they carried. Rick, the main contact and their go-to person for fish health is closing down the company due to health issues. Not sure what will happen with the product line.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll give this thread a little bump. Just dealt with Webb's for the first time (just found em randomly in Google search results) and was pleased with their $39+ free shipping, as well as the quick response via email. Got some good advice and will be ordering from them again.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Their selection isn't what it used to be but I still go to them for most of my pond supplies.
I found an amazing deal on the pond liner that I need for my expansion of my pond at Webb’s, and was wondering if I can trust them, as everywhere else the same product is more than 50 dollars more expensive, and what would I expect the shipping time to be? Do they have extra shipping costs?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@TheFishGuy I have bought several items through Webb's. Usually if your purchase is over a certain amount there is no charge of shipping. Yes they are very trustworthy IMO. I just read that liners are excluded from free shipping tho. You would have to call them to see what the charge would be for shipping. 1 - 866- 819- 7663. I bought my liners from a roofing company and one from an irrigation company. They were local stores here in our town so we just picked them up in our truck so no fee for delivery and they are the same kind of liners that you buy at the fish sites. Just lay them out and rinse them off really good before installing. So check in your area for them if you like.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
@TheFishGuy I have bought several items through Webb's. Usually if your purchase is over a certain amount there is no charge of shipping. Yes they are very trustworthy IMO. I just read that liners are excluded from free shipping tho. You would have to call them to see what the charge would be for shipping. 1 - 866- 819- 7663. I bought my liners from a roofing company and one from an irrigation company. They were local stores here in our town so we just picked them up in our truck so no fee for delivery and they are the same kind of liners that you buy at the fish sites. Just lay them out and rinse them off really good before installing. So check in your area for them if you like.
I actually have a dedicated pond store where I live, so I will check with them before ordering anything online :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Webbs is excellent! They are still my go-to store for almost everything for my ponds. As we are in the same state, I usually get my delivery the next day. They have a price guarantee as well.

Ask a Question