1 month old pond and already thinking about expansion

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
So.. you look at this pond and think "how can you possibly expand it? its all contained within a wall thats almost the same size as the pond"

Well.. my friends.. I have already started thinking about it.. I know. Theres something wrong with me..

So this is my idea, and I wanted your THOUGHTS on it.

Here is my pond:
pond_022.jpg

it is 2 feet above ground that is held in by a container rock wall..

Well, one time I over filled the pond, and the lowest edge is right there in the front of the pond.. the water started coming out through the rocks making a cool little water fall!!

I was like 'AWESOME!'

So I was thinking of digging out under the wall and putting a liner down behind the rock wall and then have another pond at the bottom of the rock wall in front of the upper pond..

I am sure logistically, its going to be a pain to just dig out that area of the pond and get the liner in there, fill MOST of it back up and hope for no leaks.. But i think it can be done!!

And i think it will look AWESOME to have the wall actually be a part of the waterfall to another pond!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
With a 3 day weekend you can get it done...
It would look great

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
haha.. yea.. well, that is the story of my life.. I manage to take hobbies a little TOO far. I mean heck.. I quit my job to do my "hobby" as a living.

This is just one of the many things I can add to the list that will cost me a lot of money and go way too far!

i really think it would look awesome though.. right?

Reaction score
I believe it would look great. I believe you could do it with no leaks. Just dig the lower pond. Buy a liner large enough so tha it will reach all the way up to the upper pond liner. Tuck the new liner under the old liner and seal it with urethane. Since the water will be flowing over the seam you should be good. Of course tearing down that piece of wall will not be easy to get the liner in place the end result should be well worth it. The only problem I see is that once you get the pond outside of the confines it is in you will be inclined to keep expanding. LOL. Good luck and keep us updated.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That will be so cool and so beautiful. Go for it! Just don't dig so close you drop the original wall on top of yourself.

Ask a Question