Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We decided to have a stream running along the one edge of the deck

View attachment 6957

Bought a cheap fiberglass pot to test it out

View attachment 6958

Put a blue tarp to see how the water would flow.

View attachment 6960

Well 24 hours later the design changed, now a triangular pond (no liner yet) with a small water fall into the straight pond to a 4 foot drop to the slope stream and very top pond. Still figuring out the way to have the water come out on the deck.
The triangular pond will be around 359 gallons, the straight little pond will be around 175 gallons

View attachment 6949

View from the new deck

View attachment 6959

Attachments

• DSC01981.jpg
    DSC01981.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC01958.jpg
    DSC01958.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC01968.jpg
    DSC01968.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC01969.jpg
    DSC01969.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC01961.jpg
    DSC01961.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 445

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Geez do I need to update this thread.....................many years and ponds behind!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
This pond - bog build took extraordinary about of vision and tons of hard work ! Honestly, you could design ponds if you were ever inclined...just amazing !

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol dear hubby kept asking for a drawing, diagram, measurements................he got a hose laid out on the grass and the drawing at the beginning of this thread. Poor guy, told him I can see what I am doing but not real easy to draw it out.

The stream changed a few times. Went from a straight down the hill, to switch backs since our hill was so steep. Then in doing switch backs, added small ponds at each corner. The lower stream ponds are deeper and bigger than the other stream ponds.

Then after the stream was built dear hubby said lets add a deck pond..............so we built it and it gets water from the big pond, water falls into the stream.

Then we picked up a 1000 and a 300 gallon stock tank and two preforms. Well have to use them! So put in the 1000 gallon where it water falls into the big pond, put the 300 gallon at the far end with the two preforms. The 300 gallon is just for the lotus. The 1000 gallon has its own load of shubbies.

Then the two preforms cracked, so I dug them out made the ponds deeper and put in liner.

They get fish just because eggs or tiny fry make the long journey down long garden hose water input. The three of them water fall back into the big pond. Slow dirty water flow from the big pond. A lot of algae, plants, the bees love it, the critters love it, the bees drink out of the small ponds, algae is the landing pad.

Then our hot tub broke, we replaced it, dear hubby said make a pond, so I did..............last one................maybe lol

I will add pictures later, need to go and sell honey right now.

Ask a Question