1000 Gallon Fish Box

Above Ground Window
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well done with this it looks fantastic
I'm looking at doing something like this myself as my yard is all concrete
Are the bricks free standing or have you used any sealant/cement on them ?

DCPlumber

Fish Box
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Footer, cement, rebar, 8"x16" block with rebar in the vertical. Then filled almost every cavity with cement and/or concrete. The only sealer I used was the epdm roofing glue for the strips around the window frame. Then used silicone to make the gasket for the glass.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nicely done! I see all to many projects here that could use a little coaching or some homework ... YOU TUBE IS A GREAT TOOL FOR LEARNING HOW TO USE OR BUILD SOMETHING YOUR NOT FAMILIAR WITH. woops sorry for caps .... YOUR BUILD LOOKS VERY PROFESSIONAL..... A couple lights for the fish at night and sit by the fire nothing better..

DCPlumber

Fish Box
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I researched (YouTube, Google and forums) for about 2 months before I started. Then kept it up during the build. I will say the manual labor is 10 times easier than putting all the stone on the outside. It looks good but is the least amount of fun of the whole build. It's like mixing 10 1000 piece puzzles together and putting them together at the same time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love this! I'd steal the design but I doubt my wife would let me have a second pind.

DCPlumber

Fish Box
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Thanks to all. I am finally almost finished the stone on the back side after not touching it sense September. I am planning on adding a stump in the pond of driftwood. And building a lattice type cage around the plumbing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
one other consideration if your plumbing is in the open air not in a building you might want to paint your pvc the sun really does a job on unpainted pvc makes it very brittle

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
one other consideration if your plumbing is in the open air not in a building you might want to paint your pvc the sun really does a job on unpainted pvc makes it very brittle
I bought the plastic spray painted, painted my exterior pvc lines 10ish years ago, still doing fine. Also blends in the white color, I sprayed them green and brown.

Ask a Question