15 Gallon Outdoor container pond needs Filter solution (not diy)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I built a pond using a rubber container for feeding horses. It is black and rubber and holds 15 gallons of water. I have koi in the pond, and some water plants. The solar air stone is not enough to keep it clear and fresh. I need a filter solution, but all the ones I find are for big ponds, medium ponds. My pond is a 1 foot deep, those filters are too lard to submerge without taking up all the space. Please help

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1603562401931.gif
@Jewel
Your koi must be tiny right now but they will grow huge so you better start digging for a way bigger pond for them soon.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Am I reading this right? Koi in a 15 gallon pond? Sure it’s not a goldfish?

Maybe, for something that small, a pump and filter designed for an aquarium would work.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! Are you sure it is only 15-gallons? Just thinking, sort of small for horses. Kind of 'gulp' size for a horse! :)
what are the dimensions of the container? Height, length and width. How many fish do you have in the container and what size are the fish? Again, welcome!

Reaction score
Country
United States
All negative responses. Is this the GOP thread? Thanks for nothing folks!! Wasted my time here!! I came looking for solutions. I could have minnows In there, should not be about critiquing. Wow!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! Are you sure it is only 15-gallons? Just thinking, sort of small for horses. Kind of 'gulp' size for a horse! :)
what are the dimensions of the container? Height, length and width. How many fish do you have in the container and what size are the fish? Again, welcome!
Not sure a response would change your sour attitude. Seems you would rather poke fun and be hurtful. Quite consistent with the USA attitudes. I put the size already. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Am I reading this right? Koi in a 15 gallon pond? Sure it’s not a goldfish?

Maybe, for something that small, a pump and filter designed for an aquarium would work.
Koi can grow to be 18" or larger in a year! your container is not suitable for koi.
...your not suitable for responding.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sorry you are offended. You asked for a filter for a 15 gallon bucket with koi. Maybe you are new to fish keeping. We are a friendly and helpful bunch here. Your situation is impossible for the fish you are keeping. The suggestion of an aquarium pump and filter will work for the size container you have but you need to rethink the type of fish. Exiting now- good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rude language is not appropriate for this forum.
Sorry you are offended. You asked for a filter for a 15 gallon bucket with koi. Maybe you are new to fish keeping. We are a friendly and helpful bunch here. Your situation is impossible for the fish you are keeping. The suggestion of an aquarium pump and filter will work for the size container you have but you need to rethink the type of fish. Exiting now- good luck!
Again, nothing helpful, just more criticism. Let’s pretend they are guppies. please reframe from wasting my time. I have had tanks Of many sizes, you name it. Why is it so important to assume what I am successful at? Again, no one here seems qualified to answer the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for nothing! Please forget this thread!nMy fish are tiny, happy, and have been in there for over a year. Wow! Glad everyone Feels they know, unequivocally, everything about me and my horse bucket

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for nothing! Please forget this thread!nMy fish are tiny, happy, and have been in there for over a year. Wow! Glad everyone Feels they know, unequivocally, everything about me and my horse bucket
The members are attempting to answer your query and at the same time understand what kind of fish you have in your small pond. We care about how fish are treated and they are just attempting to help you out. Please control your responses.

Ask a Question