15 year old Koi with open sore

Reaction score
Country
United States
Blacky used to be named Spot. His Spot has grown slowly over the years. A couple of weeks ago w thought that maybe a racoon had taken a bite out of him but the wound has grown very large and another horrible sore has appeared. We took a picture today. We certainly would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Attachments

• Koi.jpg
    Koi.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 53

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

That looks nasty! It needs treatment, but I have no idea what to tell you. You might want to check the site KOIPHEN.COM. There are many more koi owners on that site, plus they have a topic dedicated to illnesses and diseases. They will probably have good advice for you.

Tell us a little bit about your pond. Are there any rocks or items in the pond with sharp, hard edges?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Theres a bacterial dip its purple and some nasty but good stuff but i don't have the bag with me for the name. adding fresh start or start right from the aquarium trade can help ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Koiphen is another website try them,, waiting this long is not so good it limtis the help you can give the fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I agree with above advice, please check koiphen.com

Please let us know how it's doing, very sorry....you must be worried.

Ask a Question