180,000.00 litre pond filter?

Reaction score
Hi there
Thanks for all you help in the past.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a pump and filter for a pond that is 180,000.00 litres.
It is newly built, and has an oase 2500 filter on it but its not even nealy working and it will be stocked with fish?

Reaction score
You could build a 2500 gallon pond and make it a skyppy filter or get like 8 of the 300 gal stock tanks.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...10551_10001_28499_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1
So to filter it your going to have to spend some big money Id say. the koiphen forums has lots of that would help you figure out how to do this, but man its sort of should have been figured out before the pond wil build as you would want TPRs so that it circulates properly and a bottom drain likely. I mean that as large as a good sized pool.

Reaction score
I have a clay pond and I thought it was around 40,000 gal but after further calculations I'm estimating closer to 30,000 gal. I plan on building a filter enclosure utilizing concrete block and then applying a fiberglass skin on the inside. Here is the design I have put together. If I remember correctly this particular design holds an 800 gall capacity.

Attachments

• FILTER CHAMBER PLAN.jpg
    FILTER CHAMBER PLAN.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 326
Reaction score
One additional item, I'm also building a steam and bog on the output of the filter that runs 50' to the pond. This will also provide additional biological filtration.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
coolestpondfish said:
Yes the pond is built with a liner.
I cant really build anywhere to put a self contained filter as its to open

Please ad your location using the UserCP at the top of this page. I would live to see some photos as well.

Ask a Question