1man,1shovel

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
I'm building this new pond @ a housing development for people who have HIV,AIDS.
My time is donated for the start of a new pond year.I hope to bring the bigger pond into the small upper pond.And still be able to keep it handicap access

Attachments

• 8 020.jpg
    8 020.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 469
  • 8 029.jpg
    8 029.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 8 028.jpg
    8 028.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 446
Reaction score
digginponds said:
I hope to bring the bigger pond into the small upper pond.And still be able to keep it handicap access
Good project. When you say you want to bring the bigger pond into the upper pond, do you mean they'll be one pond, or do you mean that the smaller pond will drain into the larger one?

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Thank you alot.........I do plan to have the smaller pond drain into the larger one,well that's the plan.It should turn out swell with a nice waterfall attraction.The larger pond will be to the left of this pond,and will hold most of the fish,with the top pond being more plants.........will see

Attachments

• 8 005.jpg
    8 005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 348
  • pond4.jpg
    pond4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 378

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
I built this entire garden,so the pond will be secluded hopefully

Attachments

• garden.jpg
    garden.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 316
Reaction score
I'd recommend setting that up for extremely low maintenance (lightly stocked, big filters, well planned currents, bottom drain with plunger line, etc). The residents probably won't be up to wading in to clean the pond, and volunteer hours tend to be in short supply. But don't get me wrong. Building a fishpond there is a great idea.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Serving the disabled in our community is are duty.And in helping them ,helps yourself.

Reaction score
Otter said:
I'd recommend setting that up for extremely low maintenance (lightly stocked, big filters, well planned currents, bottom drain with plunger line, etc). The residents probably won't be up to wading in to clean the pond, and volunteer hours tend to be in short supply. But don't get me wrong. Building a fishpond there is a great idea.

I totally honor you for your contributions digginponds. Very nice gesture + getting to do what you enjoy too. I also totally agree with Otter. Nothing is worse, methinks, that a poorly maintained pond. IF you can make it as easy as possible, more likely it'll stay nice. I've been a volunteer and a volunteer coordinator several times in several jobs. Volunteers are like quicksilver, best of intentions, but changeable and hard to count on over time. Better to set it up so the residents and staff can maintain it easily. just my 2 cents

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
ok,ok before any one else gets off the subject,and on to a residents thingy,or what ever.........I did not want to mention this until I was completed......But I also LIVE HERE.
I have been HIV since 1986.......over 20 odd years.So the pond maintenance will be from me.I take care of all the yard work.....nothing lazy about me................So on that note,if a man of my position can build a pond.....Then any able body can do it...............Thanks for the feedback

Attachments

• 8 033.jpg
    8 033.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 312
Reaction score
Good for you diggin! Would be great for residents and others to see that folks can LIVE with the virus and be active and successful. More power to ya, dude!

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Thanks for the support.I was able to sneak in a few digs,trying to escape the rain.

Attachments

• 8 034.jpg
    8 034.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 286

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
So Kenny stopped by with the big guns,took out all that soil :bowdown:

Attachments

• 8 001.jpg
    8 001.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 294