2 Mountain ponds conected by A stream

Reaction score
This pond is at 5500 feet in the mountains above Bass Lake Ca. It is frozen solid and covered with 6 feet of snow for 3 months each year so I bring some plants and fish up in the spring. In one picture of the bottom pond you can see the old soil level where I cut down a pine and dug out the dirt between 2 boulders and glued in a pond linner. The top pond also had a 80 foot pine that I cut down a long time ago, when the stump rotted out I dug down and put in a pond linner and conected it to the bottom pond with a stream lined with pond linner and rocks. the stream goes under a large rock with filter pad under it before it falls into the bottom pond.
At the top pond is seating for Bocce ball and at the bottom pond is a fire pit.

Attachments

• top-pond.jpg
    top-pond.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 580
  • pond-firepit.jpg
    pond-firepit.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 519
  • old-soil-level.jpg
    old-soil-level.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 551
  • from-the-deck.jpg
    from-the-deck.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 529
  • falls.jpg
    falls.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 565
Reaction score
This pond is at 5500 feet in the mountains above Bass Lake Ca. It is frozen solid and covered with 6 feet of snow for 3 months each year so I bring some plants and fish up in the spring. In one picture of the bottom pond you can see the old soil level where I cut down a pine and dug out the dirt between 2 boulders and glued in a pond linner. The top pond also had a 80 foot pine that I cut down a long time ago, when the stump rotted out I dug down and put in a pond linner and conected it to the bottom pond with a stream lined with pond linner and rocks. the stream goes under a large rock with filter pad under it before it falls into the bottom pond.
At the top pond is seating for Bocce ball and at the bottom pond is a fire pit.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, looks wonderful. Love the stream going under a rock.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, looks wonderful. Love the stream going under a rock.

Ask a Question