2012 kohaku sanke japaneese koi spawning in new Orleans

Reaction score
I'm currently breeding my newly acquired kohaku female to my sanke male will take pics in the daylight just got her last night thanks to wen or is it spelled win good guy with beautiful fish that's all for now this time it was no accident.

Reaction score
Let's see spawning ended at about 5:30 this am and the dad and mom started eating babies put the male back in my show pond left the female in the breeder tank removed all spawning media and scooped out as many eggs as I could with a net. Placced all 70% of the eggs in the high county 100 gallon with filter. Female will go in show pond n a couple days when she has some time to heal up and get the stank off of her. Also put some eggs about 12000 in the 10 gallon with a hater and a bubble stick and now I'm going to sleep when Amanda gets off I'll have her take pics of the eggs and stuff nite y'all.

Reaction score
Eggs inside

98116cbd.jpg

8eb64be4.jpg

Thousands upon thousands can't count this one I'll just count the best ones I'm left with after some serious culling way to many to handle anybody want any eggs I figure I Need to off load half of them In the next day gonna try to remove any moldy ones as they show up

Reaction score
Kohaku is one of the varieties I don't have yet, hoping maybe we will get one in our next batch, really want a good tancho...fins crossed :.)

Reaction score
A perfect tancho is amazing but not very common from my understanding i keep hoping for one I think this batch might have a tancho but mainly sanke and kohaku but we will see I love kohaku it's what I picture when I see koi goo luck I'd love to see pics of ur koi if u got a link send it to me I'd love to check it out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thousands upon thousands can't count this one I'll just count the best ones I'm left with after some serious culling way to many to handle anybody want any eggs I figure I Need to off load half of them In the next day gonna try to remove any moldy ones as they show up

If you'll ship to Ohio, I'll take some eggs off your hands. I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

Reaction score
If you'll ship to Ohio, I'll take some eggs off your hands. I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

Yea let's try that see how much from new Orleans to your door probbly over night would be ideal I can do 150-200 and if u need instructions on how to raise em it's all one here very detailed just pm me wanna keep this post clean. Anybody else want some pm me after u find out shipping.

Back to the eggs I've spent most of the morning pulling out any moldy egs and any that were white at all wasn't that bad time consuming yes but basically I stirred up the water waiter a minute for the good eggs to sink thankfully for me the dead eggs float around longer before sink I'll grab another cup of eggs from the green bin and put them inside and do the same here's a helpful hint one bad egg spoils the bunch so I'm trying to not let the eggs pile up because the mold can spread to good eggs pics of example of bad eggs and fertilized eggs coming shortly.

Reaction score
Let's see everybody's hatched all have swim bladders and all eat doing way better this time by far. They really love water fleas way better then brine here's pics of the fry and water fleas enjoy rate comment subscribe
ecc130c8.jpg

67059dbf.jpg

0451efc0.jpg

2a300eaa.jpg

Water fleas the way mother nature feeds her koi figure I'll try to grow the koi in mud pond method but in clear water by providing food that they would eat naturally so far so great enjoy

b4a75f49.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like a combo of the first two..........Matt's Ceresent City Koi! Cute little big eyed beauties they are!

Ask a Question