25mm, 32mm or 38mm hoze

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I ordered a pressurized filter that comes with a 3000lph pump and 25mm hoze. Would it be better to use 32mm, or 38mm?
Or is the flow to low for these?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You could always use a larger size, but 25mm (1") seems OK for that flow rate (750 gph). If you bought a package that includes filter, pump, and tubing, I'd be inclined to just stay with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
larger hose will only improve flow specially for longer fittings , it cant b bad for flow , i always use little bit wider pipes it improves flow rate

Last edited:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
larger hose will only improve flow specially for longer fittings , it cant b bad for flow , i always use little bit wider pipes it improves flow rate

One can't get any higher flow rate than the maximum that the pump is rated for. Use the largest size recommended by the pump manufacturer.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I went with 32mm for less restriction, as I have a 3 way Y valve distributor on the exit of the pressurised filter feeding two other box filters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I went with 32mm for less restriction, as I have a 3 way Y valve distributor on the exit of the pressurised filter feeding two other box filters.
great , larger size will have less resistance , resistance reduces head pressure , main longer initial line shud b larger then u can have thinner near the outlets or after distribution

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
A flow rate of 3000 lph is the absolute most that can be attained. What is the capacity of this pond? Seems like a lot of unnecessary plumbing for a 3000 liter or pond.

Ask a Question