Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like there ponds they have on there the one with the truck bed is my style

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I agree with everyone else. Most of those projects from yard crashers are reservoir (pondless) features. I prefer ponds for raising fish and aquatic plants. A reservoir fountain wouldn't last a few days in hot dry Texas before drying up. That's why nobody around here puts them in. More maintenance than they're worth.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
I totally agree FountainMan. We have been in Texas for about 21 years. It took us awhile to discover what does and to a greater extent what does not do well here. Sure enjoy watching the DIY & HGTV shows yet so much seems a bit out there. The feature I shake my head at most is "fire pits"! Definitely not something suited for hot dry areas. :confused:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There was a yard crashers on about a week or so ago with Matt Blanshaw that had a really nice waterfall pond, my favorite so far. It was one of the newer ones, they even put bass in the pond I think. Can't find the episode on the web site :(

Ask a Question