30 gallon tub

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My grandmother has two homemade ponds in her yard with no heater and coi that breed like crazy it amazes me the water will be froze on top and I think no way them fish are still alive and in the spring she has to give away the little ones and there only maybe 70gal at most

Well... we would never recommend that you put koi in a 70 gallon pond - but maybe grandma has some secret she'd like to share! How many koi are we talking about?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m a state over in Oklahoma. I do “ summer tubbing” where I set up fish I want to breed in various set ups outside, last year I put a good amount of guppies in my 100 gallon mini pond, and they bred like crazy. No heater, I didn’t set it up till temps were steady in the high 60s at night, and brought them in before they got too low. I did cover the top with chicken wire to keep the kingfisher out, as well as any other fish eater that may come up. How many guppies are you getting with scoliosis? You may want to get new genetics in your breeding population to reduce how often that comes up. Just be sure to get good quality fish, and quarantine them at least a month, watch for ick or other issues. Guppies are bad about carrying ick.
I bought 5 pregnant females and its there offspring of like 50 or so 6 had the scoliosis they where just the cheap ones as I wanted to test the waters as it where there where only like maybe three male fry in the batch and I removed those I'm not sure if I'm ready for breeding them and if I do I will order male from another state and thank for the reply

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well... we would never recommend that you put koi in a 70 gallon pond - but maybe grandma has some secret she'd like to share! How many koi are we talking about?
Im not buying koi i was just putting the story out there

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m a state over in Oklahoma. I do “ summer tubbing” where I set up fish I want to breed in various set ups outside, last year I put a good amount of guppies in my 100 gallon mini pond, and they bred like crazy. No heater, I didn’t set it up till temps were steady in the high 60s at night, and brought them in before they got too low. I did cover the top with chicken wire to keep the kingfisher out, as well as any other fish eater that may come up. How many guppies are you getting with scoliosis? You may want to get new genetics in your breeding population to reduce how often that comes up. Just be sure to get good quality fish, and quarantine them at least a month, watch for ick or other issues. Guppies are bad about carrying ick.
You can bet I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS quarantine my new fish and never buy from retail giants I have my favorite online breeders I use when I started keeping fish like 4 years ago I learned quickly to research from whom I buy my new kids from

Ask a Question