300 gal above ground pond with bog filtration

This is a project started in early March 2021 I believe. Photos from arrival of stock pond to 3.5 months after filling pond with water, then plants, then fish
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Nicely done, and if you move you can take it with you. :cool: ;)
Thanks! And yes, it's all transportable so in the even of a move or even just needing to relocate the pond to another location, it's doable, though still sounds pretty unpleasant!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My ponds are pretty basic, liner, skimmer, pump, water and plants. The filter a pea gravel filled hole with plants.
I just happen to have 11 of them. All works great without any issue. I can ignore the ponds all summer, except pulling excess plant growth.

But thanks!
Aww, always nice to hear from one of the pros

Read some of the other posts on the builds.................

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Nice job. I have had a couple of those Rubbermaids, in use for about 20 years and through one move. They are very handy. You made yours look much nicer than mine too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well done you have all the bells miniaturized

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Thanks all! Couldn’t have done it without all your advice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I really enjoyed seeing each stage of this project. It is very inspirational, especially for people lacking the room for a big pond. Beautiful job!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m just getting started on the same type of pond and was overjoyed to find your post! Your pictures are great and I think I got a some really good ideas from what you shared. I’m especially interested in the PVC stands you made for your plants. Will paint paint last underwater? And is it safe for the fish? I bought one hanging planter off Amazon for $30. But I love the idea of a plant on a PVC stand creating a cave like space for the fish.Love love love this!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Criscar I think you have one of the best preform set ups I have ever seen . You worked out the bog detail very nicely, it looks great.

Ask a Question