300 gal Puddle

Reaction score
well after purchasing our new house i didn't have the extra expense this year to put my 3,000 pond in the back yard(ill start saving for next year). So i used what i had and put in a 300 gal puddle in the front

Just starting to dig it out
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-4.jpg

another view just digging it out
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-2.jpg

end of the first day and it was getting dark but its filled with water
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2l.jpg

Got the waterfall hooked up and going to leaks(yet). Put some new edging in.
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-1.jpg

Reaction score
Another pic of the plants my old man gave my from separating out his hastas
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-3.jpg

Jayde wanted to help so i let her pound some stakes in to hold the new edging in place
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-5.jpg

after planting more hastas
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-6.jpg

Almost done
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-4.jpg

Reaction score
I decided i did not like the boarder so i took it off and this is it now as of Sunday may 2 i still half to do something to cover up that 30gal Stouty filter hehe, i have lil ferns their now but not sure how fast they will grow. And i think im goin to put in a more realistic waterfall this year yet but that's good for now
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-8.jpg

And one more pic for now
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-7.jpg

Reaction score
great effort! soften the edges with tall ornamental grasses and such, they will grow to hide the waterfall. some mondo grass around the perimiter of the pond or liriope too can be used. Nice job for something that you put together really fast!

When you get your bigger pond, this would make a good hatchery or quarantine pond! You'll have a use for it!

Reaction score
yea thanks for the imput. I had this one in my basement for wintering my fish (4 Goldfish and 1 Shubinkin). ill look in to the grasses on my way home tonight.
Thanks again

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
gotta go with koikeepr on the grasses,there are so many color variations. growth rates, sizes...and most importantly, they will pretty much grow anywhere in any soil and come back every year a little bigger. and some daylillies mixed in for some floral enhancing (flowers) and still keeping the grass look

Reaction score
yep if u look to the left and the right i have day lilly's their but i will b getting more grasses as soon as i change that water fall feature im not liking that i going to put a rock water fall down after the filter i just dont like that fake waterfall thing

Ask a Question