3rd Round

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Here are pics of my shubies 3rd round of fry in six months!

Attachments

• DBF27FCD-06B5-4500-A557-44BB40314A38.jpeg
    DBF27FCD-06B5-4500-A557-44BB40314A38.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 9F53063C-6FE9-4101-B71C-522C2715A15C.jpeg
    9F53063C-6FE9-4101-B71C-522C2715A15C.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 35
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Luckily the man who built my pond will take as many as I want for new clients, which makes me really happy since giving them back to the pet store would mean that they would go in tanks after having all of this freedom:cry:...Unfortunately the two that I think are the prettiest are the very females that are laying the eggs...Eventually I might have to part with them:( I was hoping a predator would get the fry when they were teeny but no luck...I did put in a few bullfrog tadpoles in hopes that they might cull future herds...We will see...My nitrates are still close to zero so I am not too worried yet....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Luckily the man who built my pond will take as many as I want for new clients, which makes me really happy since giving them back to the pet store would mean that they would go in tanks after having all of this freedom:cry:...Unfortunately the two that I think are the prettiest are the very females that are laying the eggs...Eventually I might have to part with them:( I was hoping a predator would get the fry when they were teeny but no luck...I did put in a few bullfrog tadpoles in hopes that they might cull future herds...We will see...My nitrates are still close to zero so I am not too worried yet....
Wish I had the space to help you out, but so far, my pond is full of my own GF who are loving the Florida spring. Unless you go down to just one fish, you've got a good chance you'll have more shubies, so enjoy the ones you have, keep the two prettiest, and keep supplying the pond-building man with the babies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Thanks Dimelius...It's fun seeing the different patterns..That is why I love the shubies:love: (of course I would love koi if I had the room for a big pond:)
Yea, the patterns of shubies(and sarasas one too, i got some) are really cool...aren't nothing less that kois in some cases imo....i got a shuby with big red dot on the head like the "tosai" koi; and full growth they are over 10inches so aren't so small :p

Did they made so much babies w/o feedin em? o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Yea, the patterns of shubies(and sarasas one too, i got some) are really cool...aren't nothing less that kois in some cases imo....i got a shuby with big red dot on the head like the "tosai" koi; and full growth they are over 10inches so aren't so small :p

Did they made so much babies w/o feedin em? o_O
I tried cutting back on food but never stopped feeding because my pond is small (900 gallons) and still new (6 months) so I am not convinced that there is enough food for them (I also did not want them to totally decimate the roots on my plants which they already seem to find appetizing:( So I will be taking SarahT’s advice and keep a couple and send the rest off to new homes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I tried cutting back on food but never stopped feeding because my pond is small (900 gallons) and still new (6 months) so I am not convinced that there is enough food for them (I also did not want them to totally decimate the roots on my plants which they already seem to find appetizing:( So I will be taking SarahT’s advice and keep a couple and send the rest off to new homes
You can always get another one, or two ... ;)

Ask a Question