4 step kohaku possible 5 step

Reaction score
Hi guys! Here where I live all the fish stores sell poor koi that have treated poorly and all look sick. There's this lady that sells japanese koi and when I was there she had a 4 step kohaku long fin, 8-9 in he's a eye catcher . I don't know if it's show quality but it might be growing a fifth step. I buy everything from her and she helps me a lot she wasn't willing to sell him at first but she is willing to let him go for 60$. I don't have pictures but I wil soon. Good deal? :)

Reaction score
Cant say anything till we see photo's Calvin :)

Dave
Here she goes. The spaces she losing between so hopefully it becomes a clear 4 step :/?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 470
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I

I lucked out on this one then :(
Take it back and tell them that they misled you Calvin and that a 27 year koi couple say its not worth what you paid for it , thats all I can suggest my friend but in future take a photo first then post it and you'll get a yes or a no (y)

Dave;)

Last edited:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If that is a 10" fish net you have the so called 4 step in, I don't think you got a deal at all. I'm sorry but the chances of that Koi becoming a clear four step is at best minimal. I don't think the red will hold together much for future. I agree with Dave, If your wanting an opinion if your getting a deal or not post pics before purchasing. At least someone with experience can help guide you through a more educated and experienced evaluation. Honestly for a little more you could get a nice imported koi that has far better defined Beni markings and better quality skin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I

I lucked out on this one then :(
Take it back and tell them that they misled you Calvin and that a 27 year koi couple say its not worth what you paid for it , thats all I can suggest my friend but in future take a photo first then post it and you'll get a yes or a no (y)

Dave;)
If that is a 10" fish net you have the so called 4 step in, I don't think you got a deal at all. I'm sorry but the chances of that Koi becoming a clear four step is at best minimal. I don't think the red will hold together much for future. I agree with Dave, If your wanting an opinion if your getting a deal or not post pics before purchasing. At least someone with experience can help guide you through a more educated and experienced evaluation. Honestly for a little more you could get a nice imported koi that has far better defined Beni markings and better quality skin.
Larkin is indeed correct in that Calvin so as weve already said take it back tell tem that its not been in your pond just your QT unit that way they cant say sorry its been in your pond, what f it has an infection of some sort . If they wont take it back inform them that your going to sue for them for the wrongful description of a koi carp in order to get a sale of a koi that isnt what they say it is .....

Dave

Ask a Question