400 Gallon Pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
After the rain decided to stop after a few weeks I finally got the pond in the ground and filled with water.
I originally had the pond at around 300 gallons at 18" deep and a few of you on here suggested to build up since I could go no deeper with the water level being so high in the ground, here is the 300 Gallon Pond originally.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3062]
I added Cinder blocks (8x8x16") around the edges after leveling the dirt and packing it down to increase the ponds depth another 8" so it's around 100 more (or more) gallons then original.
I found some unneeded Roofing shingles that were around 3' long and folded them over the cinder block to the bottom of the pond for an underlayment gritted side down. Here is the pond now at 400 gallons but not complete.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3345]
The Old Hand pump is a fountain and aerator and is being pushed by the 500gph pondmaster filter kit I got last week. The Bell fountain is being pushed by a Beckett 650gph pump with a foam prefilter and splits off into 2 lines, 1 for the fountain and the other will be for the 9w UV Im getting next week. I put a couple of water lettuce in there to get them started along with a few gallons from my 500 gallon pond.

4 of the 9 fish I have will go into this pond in a months time to accommodate there growth and size over the next 2 years before I build my 5,000 gallon pond at our new house. Let me know what you all think and what to better the pond with :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh and by the way we expect to see wedding pic of the bride and groom or we will feel left out :cheerful: Bad enough we are still waiting for mogsie wedding .He popped the question and told us first but darn guy has still not walked down the aisle

Ask a Question