5/8 ID, clear, thick wall hose

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just checking to see if anyone knows a good source for thick wall, (5/8 ID) hose. What the big box stores sell is thin wall, kinks and is absolutely useless. Lee's makes a great product but the sources I can find either sell it for over $2.00 per foot or large rolls of 50 and 100 feet for big bucks. I need about 20 feet. Any leads are appreciated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The clear stuff will soon become internally green from algae growth. If it doesnt need to be clear, check out flexible PVC. It's very strong, pretty much indestructible, and can be glued to standard PVC fittings with the same primer and glue. There are two colors, black and white. There are two varieties, one is more flexible than the other.
If you need the connections removeable, instead of using glue you can use Fernco rubber couplings.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Plumbing supply stores is where I got mine for my whole house filter .It came in clear and was thick wall .I did not want the thin wall stuff for the drain line for the automatic back flush hose .

Reaction score
5/8" is so small that I can't think why it would need to be clear hose. If there isn't a good reason then just buy a garden hose. Most hoses are 5/8" and can be attached to anything using a hose clamp. Again what is it for?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
garden hose comes in colors and easy to hide also .I used clear to make sure I could see that it was not clogged and there was no bacteria inside of it that could back up into my whole house filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use it only indoors for all sorts of aquatics. Indoor ponds, aquariums, siphons, rain barrel water conditioning tanks, aquatic plant nursery...you name it. I have plenty of black, pond hose on hand but prefer clear for these applications. I never use clear for the outdoor ponds for the reasons you guys stated above. Lee's makes the best clear hose but its tough to find in smaller amounts. I don't need 100 feet but might have to go that route to get what I need. I've tried that junk from the big box stores and it is awful. Also tried the reinforced stuff and actually use it for one application but it is too stiff for most applications. I was just looking for a cheaper source than what I've found on line. I thank you all for your responses.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got mine at Fergusins plumbing supply here .They sell it by the foot or in rolls .The rolls ranged from 10 feet to 250 feet .I bought 25 feet and it cost me 14.99 plus tax

Ask a Question