9 / 11 memorial

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this year is the 10th anniversary of the 9 / 11 attacks.NYC is having a memorial at ground zero...
last night i read that:

NYC Policemen, Firefighters, and rescue workers are not invited to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at Ground Zero..... The mayor claims there isn't room for them. They weren't invited on that day in 2001 either. THEY JUST SHOWED UP AND DID THEIR JOB !... they belong there more than the politicians....do you agree?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they are not having a memorial to me it is a party to make money and for all the big wigs to show there ugly faces .They need votes you know .That stinks and they know it .The most you see of them is before something happens or after something happens or during election time .VOTES count people don't

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well I think all the firemen should just show up again like they did on Sept. 11, 2001! What are they gonna do throw them out? That would look really nice on the news!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
After watching several tv show specials on 911 it really brings you back to the events from that day. It was really horrific and very sad watching some of that footage again.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was watching the History Channel for quite some time yesterday and had a lot of different shows that I had not seen before, very interesting. One was called 102 minutes that changed America it had no narrator but was images and video captured from everyday citizens from their own vantage point from when the towers are hit to when they fall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Tmann, I saw that one and also saw two on the Lifetime network. The one you are referring two was unseen footage with the emergency calls airing in the background as events played out. I thought it was interesting. The two I saw on Lifetime were about 2 building workers that saved 76 people by clearing the stairways and opening a locked elevator door, the other one was a narrative following events from the eyes of two traffic control employees that were working that day and were in charge of high air traffic for the northeast region including Boston and New York. Thank god I didn't have to watch Oprah again reliving the events. Once was enough!

Ask a Question