A bunch of black goldfish in my pond

Reaction score
We have about a dozen black goldfish in our pond. When we initially added fish we added about 12 goldfish, one of which was black. I assume these fish are babies however they are all a good size. Will they eventually turn gold or will they stay black for good?

Thanks
Todd

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
My babies have all stayed black. They do have a little gold/yellow tint down their spinal column. I do have one new baby that is gold.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
some turn colors and some may not and now that the weathers broke and they get some sun the u.v rays weill help..all the little ones from last years spawn that stayed in my outdoor pond stayed dark but now that theyve benn exposed to the sun and warmer water most have atleast started their color change.

PS3

Reaction score
you have baby fish which is pretty cool i have 3 baby gold fish they are black
they will change color when they get bigger.and i have babys from years
ago they are orange now

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have about a dozen black goldfish in our pond. When we initially added fish we added about 12 goldfish, one of which was black. I assume these fish are babies however they are all a good size. Will they eventually turn gold or will they stay black for good?

Thanks
Todd

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
At least you know how you acquired black fry...I only have 7 adult shubunkins none of which are black. I am thinking that maybe a few eggs came in on plants because among my fry are about 4 black ones!

Ask a Question