A couple more noob questions

Reaction score
1. I recently got a new Ultraviolet Clarifier, and it says that it treats up to 1800 gallons. My pond is a 600 gallon pond, or somewhere close to that. So less than half. How long do yall think that it will take to kill my algae? Roughly, I mean. A few days? Or a few weeks?

2. For that size of pond, what sediment filter would yall recommend? I seem to have a lot of suspended "sediments" floating in my water. Probly algae, fish food, fish waste, maybe some dead grass, you know, all the usual suspects. The pond is roughly 3 feet deep. Perhaps a couple inches less. So not very wide, but a little deep, for such a small looking pond. Anyway, what filter would yall recommend that I get for such a pond? The one I have now is old and does not do a very good job. Picture it like a bucket, with holes in the lid. The filter element sits down in the bucket, and the pump does as well. The pump pulls the water through the holes in the lid, and through the filter element. Then, it pumps the water back out through a tube that goes through the lid of the bucket. You probly know what kind of filter I am talking about. Is this the kind I should be using? Is there a better one out there?

Reaction score
uv's only work on the algea that makes your water green and it takes about 4 days to clear that up. for a sediment filter alot of us use quilt batting in a basket at the waterfall. As for the filter do a forum search on the skippy filter.

Ask a Question