Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here are a couple of the Koi and goldfish from today. The water is really clear

Fish 2.jpg

Reaction score
I'm so in love with that yellow koi! <3 <3 But I also like the orange with the black back.

I notice you have black fish, did you buy those or were they born in the pond? I saw a black koi at the fish shop, I thought about it, but passed. I have 6 koi now and the only two I am interested in adding would be a white butterfly and a yellow (even better if its a butterfly too). But the chances f those showing up in the pet shop here are slim to none. :(

So my fish buying days are done I think.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm so in love with that yellow koi! <3 <3 But I also like the orange with the black back.

I notice you have black fish, did you buy those or were they born in the pond? I saw a black koi at the fish shop, I thought about it, but passed. I have 6 koi now and the only two I am interested in adding would be a white butterfly and a yellow (even better if its a butterfly too). But the chances f those showing up in the pet shop here are slim to none. :(

So my fish buying days are done I think.

All the black fish where born in my smaller pond and now they live in the current pond. They are goldfish. The black fish are tough to see when they are deeper. Not my favorite but they deserve a spot in the pond too :) I agree about a white koi. I would probably add a platinum butterfly but that is it. I have a lot a baby fish so I will have to thin out at some point. Mine breed worse then rabbits :)

Reaction score
I hope mine breed too. My pond is only 4 months old, so I guess in a year or two they should start?

The pet store guy said he didn't think I would get any babies. He said I would only be lucky if I let the water go green - ? - I'm not sure I believe him, so far he's been wrong on everything else.

Any tips for me?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I hope mine breed too. My pond is only 4 months old, so I guess in a year or two they should start?

The pet store guy said he didn't think I would get any babies. He said I would only be lucky if I let the water go green - ? - I'm not sure I believe him, so far he's been wrong on everything else.

Any tips for me?
I think my success has been because of areas they could lay eggs and the bigger fish could not get too. I have 2 areas that I put planting areas to control cattails and the eggs are usually in their. I also have many submerged plants that the fry can hide it.

Ask a Question