a few pond pictures

Reaction score
As requested a few pictures of my ponds
the first is the main pond, mostly koi, but 5 male goldfish and a shubunkin.

next would be just a falls shot, but kind of hard to see it

then the little upper/nursery pond we redid this one in 2009 the origional used stacked lannon/flagstone and we had to many stones falling with the grandkids this is much more sturdy.

then the lotus pond, you can also see it on the picture of the main

Attachments

• July 2010 301.jpg
    July 2010 301.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 500
  • July 2010 293.jpg
    July 2010 293.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 476
  • July 2010 429.jpg
    July 2010 429.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 439
  • July 2010 290.jpg
    July 2010 290.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 413
Reaction score
ok just a few more....
the first would be a full shot of the lily/goldfish pond

then a closer one around july when it was if full bloom, some days there were more blooms then this

another that shows how it is ties in with the main pond

and the new little preform I put in the front garden last summer, the plants had not grown in much yet though

Attachments

• July 2010 298.jpg
    July 2010 298.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 414
  • July 2010 499.jpg
    July 2010 499.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 448
  • July 2010 303.jpg
    July 2010 303.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 431
  • July 2010 306.jpg
    July 2010 306.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 393

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats so natural really looks lush too .Bet you get a lot of happy butterflies there

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Very nice ponds, so natural looking! I love the lily pond! All that color mixed, go you have them in pots or directly in the bottom of the pond? That's a really beautiful yard!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's all so lovely and I love all the different colors of lilies and lotus. You have a very nice place and thanks so much for sharing your pictures :fish:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a lotus mogsie, you can get hardy ones that handle the cold.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think what was confusing about that large white lotus was the height of it .I have never seen one grow up that high before ,you can tell it's a lotus by the leaves ,but the height is what got me to look twice

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wanted to ask since you have a couple of water gardens there with water plants in them ,do you have any kind of pump or air hose in them .I have my old preformed pond liner and was thinking of putting that back in the ground for water plants .Istill have to get the claw foot tub I'm dragging home after I saw jw.s but have to get some dry weather here to be able to drive the trailer out into the field to get it ,muddy now and has been for weeks and all my luck it's near a stream that makes it worse .We tried tieing a rope to it but it failed of course took the legs off .

Reaction score
thanks all for looking and for all the nice comments, they mean alot because all our ponds we have dug by hand shovel by shovel, not the easiest, so nice comeents mean so much more to me.
Sissy...yes the butterflies love the yard, I take the camera out with me every day. I have gotten some nice shots of butterflies, dragonflies, bees, frogs etc. and the gardens continue to grow yearly.

fishin4cars, all the lilies are in pots, the marginals are bareroot in rocks on the shelf.

Pond Boy, yes very relaxing, I am out as often as I can be...even weeding is relaxing.

mogsie, yep addy1 is right it is the lotus, I would say they probably stood about 4' last year, we had a great warm summer it filled the whole little lotus pond. Yes there are some large growing varieties, med. and then the small bowl lotus....my other ones are med. in pots.

sissy, I do not have a pump in my lotus pond or any of the pots I have lotus in...the little preform has a small pump to run the little falls. Wow a clawfoot tub that sounds cool to put lilies in...I have some old big aluminum wash tubs I'm going to put my tropicals in this year, my ponds never warm up to good so they don't bloom much so thought I'd try that once.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
darn weeding you can help me weed too ,had to remind me:lol::lol:weeds weeds

Reaction score
Hi do you put anything in your lotus pond for mosquitoes? I like that idea but hate mosquitoes. Very beautiful pond,love your bridge and flowers.Amber

Ask a Question