A girl all alone, I need all the help I can get!

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond is 27x28x4.75, I'm calculating that to be about 22963.5?
I have a new Eco633 submersible pump.
I am planning a small waterfall, would like to have a few fish and I'm wanting this to be a swimming pond. I would like it to be a little more clear so I'm considering a filter with UV.
I have a trauma injuries so it's very difficult for me to gather lots of information and implement it properly. I need some patients step-by-step guidance. I would love to upload a photo but I can't figure out how to get the URL

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
First off a question need answering. If this an earthen-bottom pond, a liner pond or a converted swimming pool?
If the photo is on your computer, just click 'Upload a File'.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the foorum @Tonia , when you have decided if you wish for the pond to have a butyl liner many of the members who have them on your pond will hel talk you throigh it .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the foorum @Tonia , when you have decided if you wish for the pond to have a butyl liner many of the members who have them on your pond will hel talk you throigh it .
Thank you Dave I already have a liner in place. I'm already disappointed in the quality of it and have to patch several holes near the top but I can't afford another one.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 323
Reaction score
Country
United States
First off a question need answering. If this an earthen-bottom pond, a liner pond or a converted swimming pool?
If the photo is on your computer, just click 'Upload a File'.
Jordan it has a liner, I'm already disappointed in the quality and having to patch several holes, it's been sitting waiting for me to finish it for a couple of years, I just can't afford another line or so it may end up and earthen bottom pond eventually. It looks like it's letting me post my photo now! I don't know that I needed to post it for both replies but here it is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 297
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! That is one big pond!
Yeah it has a funny story. The guy who graded my road did some work on my stream culvert that wasn't the best quality. I told him I would give him another shot at it if the estimate was fair and he would dig me a pond
My pond is 27x28x4.75, I'm calculating that to be about 22963.5?
I have a new Eco633 submersible pump.
I am planning a small waterfall, would like to have a few fish and I'm wanting this to be a swimming pond. I would like it to be a little more clear so I'm considering a filter with UV.
I have a trauma injuries so it's very difficult for me to gather lots of information and implement it properly. I need some patients step-by-step guidance. I would love to upload a photo but I can't figure out how to get the URL
Can you guys help me figure out how to choose filter system?
I understand it is much less expensive to build your own, I may be able to get my son to help me if somebody really patient could talk me through it

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I am reasonably sure that you plan to operate your pond at full capacity ~20,000 gallons.
For this size pond you will need a quite large filtration system. It can be done DIY. Perhaps others on the Forum will jump in and help.
Additionally you will require a much larger pump than the one you now have. To keep this pond functioning properly you need between a 15,000 gph and 20,000 gph to maintain adequate water quality. This can get a little expensive.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Welcome from Canada. You might want to fortify that liner, cause if it already has a hole in it, it may be best to find another cheap but better liner that can be put overtop or something. I would not put any more work into the pond until you get the liner sorted out. I have heard of cheap alterative liners that people use that work well. Good Luck!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You can get a few pumps to add up to the GPH you want. And may be add in a fountain to help water circulate around.

Ask a Question