A light mud pump?

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I started to tidy up my garden pond, one thing led to another the most recent being to clear the pond. Are there pumps capable of collecting light mud?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We use a small submersible pump that will pump out mud. It works best if it's muddy water as opposed to just mud, so you may need to keep adding water until the mud is gone if that makes sense. Kind of dilute the mud with additional water and keep pumping.

Ours is made by Simer - great little tool when you have water gardens.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I guess that depends on what you mean by “light mud.” Are you saying that you stirred up the crud on the bottom of the pond and now the water is murky? Or do you mean mud, like you would need a shovel to remove?

Some sump pumps (not meant for continuous use) can handle varying degrees of “dirty” water. And there are some pond/waterfall pumps that are rated as “solids” pumps. Now, as far as which pumps work best, you just need to do some internet research. Just be sure it (whatever pump you get) is rated for “solids-handling,” or “dirty water” use.

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for the advice. I've decided to hire one from a Tool Hire place.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Theres two basic types of pumps and the pump your asking about is called a trash pump. its capable of sucking in objects up to a certain size. An ejector pump is designed for sewerage same principles.

Ask a Question