A long winter

Reaction score
As you probably know we are experiencing some brutal icy conditions, and there looks to be no end in sight. Just a few weeks ago the temps did rise and I noticed my fish becoming more active, but now the brutal weather has continued. I've left my pump running all winter, just moved the location of the pump as to not disturb the main body of water. I also have a bubbler on the go so there is always two spots that don't completely freeze over. The fish are at the bottom very still and no movement. Just wish the cold weather would just go away, really fed up with it.
This is my first winter by the way.
I'm looking back at some shots I took last year and it looked beautiful / thriving. Now it just looks a complete mess and is depressing me. Just hope my koi can survive, all my other fish are the hardy type.
Oh and one last thing, I saw what appeared to be a dead frog in my pond, but when I touched it, it swam away. I thought frogs hibinate during the winter??
Can someone put my mind at ease please. :neutral:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I could be he came out because of the warm weather and realized it was not as warm as it thought .Had it happen to mine last week in the high 60's and so a couple of frogs and now they are hiding again .He could have felt his empty belly

Ask a Question