A Lot Has Happened...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hello fellow Ponders, I have been out of the group for about a year. After Me and My Wife bought a New House I had crazy plans for a 3,000 Gallon Pond... and then all that was put on Hold.

I Bought a new Truck and have been spending money on it for performance parts. I also Have a Baby Girl on the way (April 3) so any extra money goes to the side for Her. A 30'+x30'+ EPDM or HDPE Pond Liner is simply out of the question right now for cost reasons as well as rock, and landscaping in general.

I went ahead and found a used 370gallon preformed pond, 40 gallon preformed spillway, 25-30 gallon half barrel preformed liner spillway and a pool sand filter (filled with hundreds of small bio balls) on Craigslist for only $100 so I went ahead and just finished putting that all together and up and running.

I still have my 400-450 Gallon Patio pond with all Koi and Goldfish doing well and plan to move the 5 Goldfish to the smaller pond and keep the 5 Koi in the Patio Pond.

I will post pictures of the new small pond and my DIY In-Pond Skimmer I built as well this weekend :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Jason, Glad to see you back :) Congratulations on the baby, the house and the truck.

Sorry to hear you have to put the big pond on hold but at least you have the other two. Can't wait to see new pictures :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome back jason and congrats on the new addition.You could always buy one of those sign pond liners .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow we have been through it with you the house and wedding and now a baby congrats

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congratulations Jason! Ponds will come, eventually

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
so pleased for you but no matter how hard you fight it the pond will always drag you back, as the song says you can check out but you can never leave
OMG Theres no hope for us all :(NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lol I know but show me one person that kept fish moved house sold their fish and pond equipment, and then said I don't want another pond quite happy with out it?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I noticed you have been notably absent from the form Jason. Congrats on everything but we all know ponds are more important than that stuff. :LOL: just kidding!

Ask a Question