j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just thought I'd share a pretty hike we discovered Monday just a couple miles from home.
It was just supposed to be a short walk but turned into a long hike w/overnight status as a possibility IMHO:

Here's where we started from. It's an old dairy farm that they are making into a park:

IMG_1598.jpg

Then it starts off onto a trail(Centennial Trail)across what used to be an old railroad line:

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

The bridge crosses over the Stillaguamish River named after the Stillaguamish Indian tribe:

IMG_1594.jpg

Came across a beaver pond:

IMG_1577.jpg

A cool looking old water shed:

IMG_1579.jpg

Lots of old huge Cedar stumps with rebirth of younger trees growing from them:

IMG_1584.jpg

This stump has all kinds of ferns growing from it and is also starting to show signs of erosion underneath:

IMG_1587.jpg

Moss growth is everywhere:

IMG_1585.jpg

Came across a lake on a wrong turn we made trying to find our way back.
We started to discuss where we would sleep for the night (check out the patches of snow on the ground) and how cold it would get and so on and so on..........where they would find our bodies
giggle.gif

IMG_1586.jpg

Ok we turned around and went back to a spot we recognized (took us awhile)and took the right trail back towards the park.
On the way back we viewed the lovely snow splotched mountainous regions. If you notice towards the bottom of the photo all the logged off growth with the newly planted young trees:

IMG_1581.jpg

Found the bridge back to the start and time for a rest after our 3 hour hike:

IMG_1590.jpg

Alas the dairy is in sight and all I had to eat before we started this was a bowl of cheerios (my bad):

IMG_1597.jpg

Almost there and really tired and hungry I am. I'm a ways behind him trying to chug along.
Bill had a good sized meal before starting this so at least he's not starving but he said his feet were dead dog tired and he was not going to wait for me as his aim was to get in the car and sit his arse down:

IMG_1601.jpg

He found a nice spot before the car after all to wait for me........how nice of him:

IMG_1602.jpg

TA DA WE MADE IT!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing jw! How beautiful...................... (take a hand held gps next time lol, and a backpack of snacks, water, solar blanket)

It still looks like fun. Nice pictures of mr bill, nice shot of you too lol

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Nicely done JW. Next time get someone to shoot of picture of the 2 of you. These are great memories and your grandkids will love them later on in life.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
DrDave we were the only ones out there.......not a soul in sight. Our only grandchild is almost 22yrs old so I guess they will have to wait for great grandchildren to enjoy. The others can enjoy it now if they want :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nice pics of your walk and that is some barn there must have had some herd of cattle there .silo is huge too

hint next time tie a rope to him and every time he gets to far ahead yank him back

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son is 36 and they don't want children she is a forensic pathologist and she likes her job other son is 24 and not married and says he does not plan on it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well then if you want grand children you better get out there and adopt another kid or two.........:lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
really doesn't bother me not to have them .I guess it's not my cup of tea .Geeze I didn't really want kids I wanted a puppy instead .I didn't think I would be a good mom .You notice the difference in ages on my sons .LOL My older son has he calls it body art all over and owns a tattoo parlor in NJ and he has a construction company in VA .couldn't tell by looking at him LOl shaved head and skull tattoo on the back of his head .He has them on his arms legs back ,fingers and never going to ask where else .Scarey dude but got a heart of gold .He is a big habitat for humanity volunteer

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hmmm guess so 6ft 2 but still my baby both of them big chits as they are LOL

where will your next hike be and hope you get some good pics

Ask a Question