A Must Read!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a is probably average winter, but I've seen it -24F here once in 30 years, and -10 to -15 at times
Country
United States
Writer obviously gets goverment funding since climate change is mentioned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
So it is not good to have goldfish / koi, in our ponds,as they pose a risk to frogs? At first I thought they meant to not release ornamental fish into natural ponds, but they said "garden ponds". I don't use garden chemicals...I admit to putting pie pans of beer down for slugs, when they get into my hosts :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing as I dont get frogs in the pond nor toads , I'll continue to use chemicals however I will keep a look out for them as well as any newts

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was told if your water goes bad the frogs leave or die. I have tons of frogs, must be doing ok. Don't use any chemicals, as we are raising bees now.

Reaction score
I wish my fish would cause a hazard to the stinking iguanas!

No chemicals in my pond either since they have a warning that says "causes cancer in the State of California" - my dogs drink from the pond and so do the birds and I often get in the pond for maintenance and I'm pretty sure if it causes cancer in California, it will cause cancer here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Iguanas in the pond sounds so strange to me, Priscila, but then I guess it's about as strange as you having moose in your pond!:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Writer obviously gets goverment funding since climate change is mentioned.

Thiss virus is no Joke Riftlake its happening all over the place not only in the UK but is fast tracking up from South America .
They literally rot alive with no known cure it bodes ill for all frogs
As has been said by Mitch M "Frogs are an indicator species, so this should be taken seriously"
Global warming is a fact surely your not in denial about that the three are linked .
Dave

Ask a Question