Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Step 1: clean
Step 2: check liner
step 3: fish
step 4: plants (you can move this to step three if desired)
step 5: Done.
Wrote the entire article in 5 steps. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
LOL! What I thought was so cool is that the ponds they are discussing are VERY old and natural. I thought it was exciting to have the possibility to resurrect old plant species from seeds down in the buried muck. I'm sure a pond from the ancient English countryside would have some interesting botanical varieties!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
LOL! What I thought was so cool is that the ponds they are discussing are VERY old and natural. I thought it was exciting to have the possibility to resurrect old plant species from seeds down in the buried muck. I'm sure a pond from the ancient English countryside would have some interesting botanical varieties!
I agree that is very neat, but personally I find the ad below the article pretty cool, japan just made a new floating spherical robot, helps astronauts and stuff and it looks like it came straight from interstellar.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I hope I put the link on here correctly. I'm not a techie!

The article discusses the ability to bring 100 year old, naturally-occuring ponds back to life!

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-are-digging-up-ghost-ponds-and-bringing-plants-back-to-life

Perfect demonstration of one of Nature's tricks for insuring the continuance of a specie. Under certain conditions seed will be viable indefinitely.
In nature, under typical climate conditions, some seeds can be viable for centuries.....or longer. A Lotus seed documented to be over a millennium in age was germinated in China.
This seed longevity makes possible the various seed vaults across the world, most notably the one in Norway, the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, that houses over 400,000 seed varieties.
Nature is amazing!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was exciting to have the possibility to resurrect old plant species from seeds down in the buried muck. I'm sure a pond from the ancient English countryside would have some interesting botanical varieties!

My new project involves dredging and resurrecting some old ponds in the English countryside. One of the ponds is under and beside a Stone Bridge that anyone going up to the local country mansion would have crossed over. Besides old seeds, I'm also secretly hoping for a bit of buried treasure in the silt as I dredge it out :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
My new project involves dredging and resurrecting some old ponds in the English countryside. One of the ponds is under and beside a Stone Bridge that anyone going up to the local country mansion would have crossed over. Besides old seeds, I'm also secretly hoping for a bit of buried treasure in the silt as I dredge it out :)
That sounds like a wonderful and EXCITING project!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love before and after pond renovation pics!

Ask a Question