A new bird at the stream

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I always tell bird lovers…build a pond.

So true! Not only do you attract birds, you actually start to notice them and get acquainted with the regulars!

Great shot @RobAmy ! I'd look at that little brown bird and think it was just another wren or sparrow. Your observational skills are way more developed than mine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
we're blessed to have a couple of great photographers on this site, especially when it comes to birds. Not to mentioin all the flowers and critters!

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
my pond has been running for about 4 days now and that was the first thing i noticed the first morning i walked out to look at it. probably 10-15 birds of all kinds hanging out. its pretty cool

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
my pond has been running for about 4 days now and that was the first thing i noticed the first morning i walked out to look at it. probably 10-15 birds of all kinds hanging out. its pretty cool
As long as they're not herons, egrets, cormorants, kingfishers, seagulls, crows........
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Such a detailed picture, very pretty ! Do you feed the birds and if so do you offer various seeds?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Such a detailed picture, very pretty ! Do you feed the birds and if so do you offer various seeds?
Yes I feed the birds. This thrush however does not eat seed so this is all natural :). I feed a mix of seeds, grape jelly, oranges, suet, sugar water and cracked corn. We also planted many native wild flowers which the finch use a bit. When the bluebirds nest we feed live meal worms also but this is not every year as they do not always nest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Yes I feed the birds. This thrush however does not eat seed so this is all natural :). I feed a mix of seeds, grape jelly, oranges, suet, sugar water and cracked corn. We also planted many native wild flowers which the finch use a bit. When the bluebirds nest we feed live meal worms also but this is not every year as they do not always nest.
We've had blue birds nest here for the last 5 or so years. This year there was a turf was between sparrows and the blue birds.....and of course the sparrows won. Hoping they'll return next year.

We've planted many native plants and love seeing what they attract !

Ask a Question