A new Fluval arrives "The FX6

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
For those of you who know and love the FX5, Fluval have now gone one better. They Have released the FX6, "yep they have taken a look at the FX5 and have improved on it" OMG.
The FX5 to all intent and purpose has an upgrade , it now has a number of changes the major one being a lower wattage however I wont spoil it for you you can read all about its PFK review .
Many of us use the FX5 on our QT tanks but as ours has its own filter unit installed we dont need it prefaring instead to use the FX5 as a back up filter to the pond .
There are a number of us with this filter one has lately been used on a large tropical set up converted from water bed use would any of us upgrade ?
Basically because our FX5 a backup filter I wouldnt but others may, the FX5 was described as the Mother of all external filters so meet its Daughter the FX6:-

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co....iew:_Hagen_Fluval_FX6_filter&utm_content=html

Dave

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I like to keep up nowadays even though we no longer have koi indoors technology in the fish keeping world is coming on in leaps and bounds its hard to keep up.
However if your interested in buying either the FX5 or FX6 I would strongly recomend you try the daughter just for its lower wattage .
I had an idea about using ours as a type of waterfall but am unsure just how robust they are in the colder months .
However summer use outdoors might be a different matter .

Dave

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Dave, I don't know why but several club members in our area are all on the look out for the FX-5's Used or new. . Some even have the FX-6 and still looking for used FX-5 if any are available. I've never used either. I bought a case of Magnum 330 canister filters from marineland several years ago for a great price and have at least one on each of my larger tanks. I would love to try one of the FX series filters but the price tag is one major reason for holding back. lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Larkin I agree with you there the price is quite high but for what you get well worth it.
Iwas more than lucky to have a friend tip me off about the FX5 in trade, so with a little discount we bought one at that time on offer for £160 plus my friend gave us a wee bit more off i;e trade say no more ......
I'm glad we did now, this is why your friends are going Fx5 or 6 mad my friend because this filter is unlike any other before it is unique in the sighting of its impellor and that it can in fact be purged in situ I know of no other filter like it.
This is why when we sold the 6 x 2 x 2.5 tank off we threw in the Ehiem proffesional III 2080 but kept the FX5.
If you can ever get your hands on one your in for a treat .

Dave

Ask a Question