425 gallon raised cedar garden pond

DeepWater

The Great Abyss
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I love a shovel in my hand and stacking large rocks. I think it's in our DNA. It's why we are never done, ye ken?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love a shovel in my hand and stacking large rocks. I think it's in our DNA. It's why we are never done, ye ken?
Love those rock walls!

@DeepWater I'm at an age where I hope it has been diluted in my DNA!

@cas That last wall with the steps in it collapsed a couple of years back during Hurricane Sandy. I saw it shifting slightly outward at the bottom after each winter. I suspect water was getting down in it and freezing, pushes the bottom courses forward. Then, we had so much rain during the hurricane, the whole thing came down (the high part near the house).. We have since rebuilt it and the staircase is now slate.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here rocks grow i think .I am still picking up buckets of rocks .I filled my rain garden area with 2 feet deep of stones from my property .

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Our new pond arrived last night. Ain't it a beaut! ;) :D

001.jpg

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Finally, construction has begun. I spray painted the outline of the pond boarder today and started removing the sod. I will have to dig deeper to put a bed of screenings (dust rock)...but, at least the winter had died a noble death, and I am starting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Added some pictures to the Planning and Construction area in my pond showcase today.
hi , i cant see , i just see old pics of feb and your profile is on privacy i cant even go there?
u can rite click copy image then paste here it shud work

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
hi , i cant see , i just see old pics of feb and your profile is on privacy i cant even go there?
u can rite click copy image then paste here it shud work

Sorry about that @Usman. That page has a date of Feb 1 because that is the date I created my showcased. Even when I add pics, the date stays the same. I'll put thumbs of the new pics I posted on my Planning and Construction page here. The explanation of each pic can be found on the P&C page. I also didn't even realize my Profile was set to Private. I fixed it so members can see it now.

003-Apr_13.jpg 004-Apr_13.jpg 005-Apr_13.jpg 006-Apr_13.jpg

Ask a Question