MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thank you. I added a few Anacharis this morning; they were getting much too large for our aquarium...but I was letting them grow. They look like miniatures in the pond. Today, I want to dig out the border of the stone dust and replace it with river rock. Then, I'll put some more dirt around the outside. When I finish that other project you can see in the background, I'll reseed all around. The grass in general has taken a beating with these two projects. The electrician is coming tomorrow to run a quad GFI outlet for the pond. Right now, I have an extension cord running from another GFI on one of my other sheds. Then, I'll bury the power cords in a pipe. Pics to follow.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Their coop is 8 x 10; their run is 10 x 16; and, there is a door in their run to go outside to a fenced in area that is about 50 x 25. I used to let them have total run of the back field, but we lost to many to hawks and foxes. Their fenced in area outside the run has no top fencing, but a lot of hiding spots.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yesterday, I removed about 5" of stone dust between the pond frame and the stone border and replaced it with river rock. I also put a cinder block on end for a hiding place and a platform for my dwarf lily when it arrives. Now, it is just a waiting game until the water temp reaches the indoor aquarium temp to introduce the fish...and, I have to finish that other project and get this area spruced up!
014-Apr_16.jpg

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Today, I added a bit more top soil around the stone border and re-planted grass seed. The water temperature has already reached 65 degrees. Tomorrow, I am going to PetSmart and get a couple of cheap Goldfish. If they stay stable, I'll add my others from my indoor aquarium in a few days. I also bought a small water hyacinth and a miniature cattail plant today at a local nursery that has pond plants. You can see the tiny water hyacinth in the upper left of the pond in this pic. You can also see the underwater Anacharis plant between the center spray and the water hyacinth. The cattail I have in a bucket of water for now.

015-Apr_17.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had mine water hyacinth in the basement and it grew great over the winter and I made the mistake of pulling tubs outside under the front porch thinking they would be safe and that night temp was only supposed to get down to 40 degrees well woke up in the morning and it was 28 degrees .They died :(And they looked so good up until then .

Ask a Question