A picture of me, tee, hee! "Chopping" a tree!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Last week was our Boy Scout troop's summer camp. It was a great camp for the boys, but, no I'll be nice and won't say what I almost typed [with regards to troop leadership] :).

One afternoon, as an assigned conservation project, we took a group of scouts to a trail that needed some sprucing up. We had axes, loppers, a machete, hedge trimmers, etc. Man, those scouts had a blast! There was a huge tree across the trail -- it was a chain-saw tree, but what the heck, so we [following all safety precautions for scouting, I might add] let each scout have a turn at hacking away at it! You would have thought those boys had died and gone to heaven!!

Anyway, here's a pic of ME! I sorta sucked, but I did let some chips fly!

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
looking great! What does your shirt say?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I hope you managed to steer clear of any poison ivy! My almost-Eagle came back from a backpacking trip with a heck of a nasty rash. Love that tee shirt!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope you managed to steer clear of any poison ivy! My almost-Eagle came back from a backpacking trip with a heck of a nasty rash. Love that tee shirt!
There was more PI at camp this year than I ever recall! Thanks about the shirt. As a scout-mom, I'm sure you understand the significance..... My son made Eagle right at the age deadline, and now he's starting his senior year of college -- where does the time go :cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I know! The time goes WAY too fast!!!!! Congrats on being an Eagle Mom. Even with the scout doing all the work, it takes a lot of support from the family!

Ask a Question