A Pond Forum... Whodathunk? 8o)

Reaction score
Glad to have found this forum as there are many things that I learn on every new project.

I have built some small and very large ponds / water features / waterfalls etc. and am considered good at my craft.

My name is Jimmy McDonald from the Great State of Texas and the wonderful city of Katy.

You folks can find out more about me on my website .... www.MySprinklerGuy.com or for even better vids, pics and details, see my facebook page at www.facebook.com/startremodeling ......

This is a pic of my current project. It's a natural swimming pool ( I call it a human koi pond... lol ) w/ a walk in water feature, waterfall, bog and a Jacuzzi.

Gonna set my boulders (Pecos river rocks and boulders ) for the water fall tomorrow then get busy cutting in my flagstone and mortaring everything in.

Glad I found Y'all.

pond-dig5551.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Jimmy and welcome from Plymouth UK
I take it your the human koi yes ? "Waste of a good pond Jimmy", put some real koi in it my friend they are so good at relieving the stresses of the day they are beautiful and addictive weve been keeping for the last 27+ years now
Promise us you'll have a think about this you can even take a dip with them , I know of a number of british koi keepers who do the very same thing .
Hope this helps ?

Dave

Reaction score
Dave .... I think that someday they may get tired of the swimming part. I can turn this into a GOOD Koi pond in minutes.

4.5 feet deep below the waterfall.

Bog is in place. 3x5x2.5 foot deep.. have room for another on the left side.

I have a little experience with Koi ponds.

This is for McGreevy in Houston / Katy. some of you may know his Championship Koi from the past.... 8o)

Two 1.5 hp pool pumps pushing 3700 gph each (2"pipe) 120 ft to the top waterfall w/ 6 drops total.

after6.jpg

Ask a Question