A practical solution?

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Perhaps you might explain to me what exactly occurred on 9/11 in your opinion, James. Then again, perhaps I should just shut up and follow my own advice, eh?

Reaction score
hewhoisatpeace said:
Perhaps you might explain to me what exactly occurred on 9/11 in your opinion, James. Then again, perhaps I should just shut up and follow my own advice, eh?

Right! I think the second option would be the wisest choice.

Reaction score
OK here goes,

Back in the sixties when I was drafted into the Army the hippies were running to Canada and burning their draft cards. Those hippies are the liberal professors that are teaching perverted ideas in our colleges today. The attack of 9/11/2001 by Islamic extremists is no secret and I need not give my opinion to someone that believes "nothing plus nobody equals everything" or wouldn't care if he did know. I'm sure that the liberal professors are twisting the facts of September 11, 2001. My "opinion" Will is the same as all the fine patriots and veterans that belong to this forum.

Reaction score
One other thing,

I was willing to let this go but now bsr8129 is wondering what is going on based on your loaded question to me.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I'm with you James. I also was drafted in the sixties while the yellow bellied bastards were protesting and running to Canada. I was willing to give my life to save their sorry asses. As far as I'm concerned, they should have been rounded up, and deported to North VietNam.
I served as 11B40, for those who are not ex-military, that is Airborne Infantry.

Reaction score
Thanks DrDave when I saw Will's insulting question addressed to me I was somewhat shocked, showed it to my wife and so was she. Don't really know what brought it on but was willing to let it slide. The problem is when a casual reader sees the question addressed to me they are naturally going to think I'm the one standing on the outside looking in with a perverted opinion of 9/11.

16B20 was my MOS (Nike Hercules), humble compared to your service. I ended up serving 4 years with no regrets, proud to have served my country.

In defence of Will, he is an asset to this forum builds marvelous ponds and gives excellent advice on many questions. I hope we can just move on.

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Hope so, buddy. You know, I'm a little more recent in my military involvement, and hold 19D (Cav Scout), 31U (communications maintenance), and my primary MOS - 11B, 101st Airborne.

So I do understand a bit of where Dave is coming from. I thank you for the compliments regarding my novice attempts at ponding, I really do appreciate that, coming from someone who obviously has a lot more experience with this than do I.

I find the verbal attack rather, well, unprecedented, and unprovoked. I do not argue politics, I may know more on the situation in question, but I'm quite happy keeping that information to myself. You are correct, there are many brave veterans here. Just don't think that you share your opinion with all of them, because I have a slightly different view on what occurred on that fateful day. America was certainly attacked, and suffered grievous injury and loss of life, and there is no doubt that terrorism was involved.

The bankrolling of that debacle arouses, well, suspicion, let's say.

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Reaction score
hewhoisatpeace said:

Looking at your question doesn't leave one believing you were asking me what I thought about any possible conspiracy behind 9/11. You should have asked me that.

Sorry about the reference to your banner below your posts could have been left out.

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Well, James, I will apologize for any confusion in communication that I may have had a part in. Can't ever read too much into what I might say, I'm just like most other retired guys, running my mouth more than my brain, right?

BTW, I never read any reference to anything, you don't have anything to be sorry for there. Live long and prosper, dude.

jethro13

jethro13
Reaction score
Well,let me just say thanks to all the members here on this forum that have served or are serving in our armed forces. I truly appreciate your sacrifice for this country. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Thank you, my service was back during the Viet Nam era. 30 years after I served, I married a lady who grew up there during the fighting. She excaped the communists in 1981.

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Jethro, appreciate your words. I never found it much sacrifice, just a job we swore to do and do our best. When you do what you're supposed to, they even let you come home and build a pond! Is that cool, or what?

Ask a Question