A Purple Finch in the Stream

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for posting all the birdie pics! This is getting me excited because we are moving soon, and while we’ll only be a few miles south of our current home, the new location is more “rural,” and has closer proximity to forests as well as a lake in the subdivision. I’ve already spotted a bird or 2 that I didn’t recognize, so I’m really hoping for more bird interactions! Well, there are gators in the lake, and cranes and GBH’s everywhere, so also going to have to keep an eye on the pond once it gets done. Not too worried about the gators, but the beautiful, big, fish-catching birds are a worry.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks for posting all the birdie pics! This is getting me excited because we are moving soon, and while we’ll only be a few miles south of our current home, the new location is more “rural,” and has closer proximity to forests as well as a lake in the subdivision. I’ve already spotted a bird or 2 that I didn’t recognize, so I’m really hoping for more bird interactions! Well, there are gators in the lake, and cranes and GBH’s everywhere, so also going to have to keep an eye on the pond once it gets done. Not too worried about the gators, but the beautiful, big, fish-catching birds are a worry.
It will be great seeing what the new area has to offer.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! I didn't know there were purple finches.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
First thing I did when I moved from the city to the country was purchasing local wildlife books.
It was so exciting to have in my backyard, all that life I had only seen on videos.
You're gonna love it and so will your turtles
smkissingturtle.gif

PS. if you get into wild birds, don't forget to set up a small sand bath, they love dust bathing, it gets rid of uncomfortable parasites!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As always rob some great shots. Instead of making individual posts on the birds, I think you should start one post like the wild life post , and make it strictly for birds. Who better then yourself to start it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
As always rob some great shots. Instead of making individual posts on the birds, I think you should start one post like the wild life post , and make it strictly for birds. Who better then yourself to start it

I've been thinking of a similar new thread, "yard and pond bird visitors" or some such.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes, a post on just birds there are plenty in everyone's back yards to have a chance to add to the post

Ask a Question