A test of your reading ability

Reaction score
This is just for fun, as an experiment. I read about this and thought I would try it out on you, as a guinea pig. You don't mind being a little "pig" for an experiment, do you? LOL :)

Just read the following:

I lvie in Nksabrea adn ist clod hree tdoya. Swonde lsat nghit, two ichnes. Hwo is teh watehar werhe yuo lvie? I am rdeay for srinpg! It wlil be geart to go fhsiing aaingn! Wluod yuo lkie to go fhsiing wtih me?

Can you decipher it? It's a test, a spelling challenge (reading challenge). Seems most people can read through horrid misprints and typos if the first and last letter of the word are correct and the subject is understood or common. It is a challenge of the human mind in an abstract sense.

How well did you do with my test?

Gordy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
easy! love those challenges They say some can not read them at all

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i was hoping for a challenge..... i liev in micingan . been clod, but no sown ... raedy to sikp srping for smumer...lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The only word that was a little slow coming was Swonde. The first thing that entered my mind was why were swans coming last night? All the rest came quickly!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is that nebraska accent jw...........Swonde, say it out loud.................lol

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
If you spend any time on the interent, you are probably used to deciphering peoples bad spelling already, which makes these pretty simple.

The ones that get me are the ones that I read like 4 times and still CAN'T figure out. And the poster wasn't purposely trying to make me thier "guinea pig"

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yeo spent time on net w/ thorough looking through glasses and found dutch beans and couldn't decide when the fog found liberty in the skies of Jokanedillia. Is this the kind of stuff you are having trouble figuring out 99,lol? Cuz I understand it perfectly
giggle.gif

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If you spend any time on the interent, you are probably used to deciphering peoples bad spelling already, which makes these pretty simple.

The ones that get me are the ones that I read like 4 times and still CAN'T figure out. And the poster wasn't purposely trying to make me thier "guinea pig"

The ones that get me are the ones that make no sense and you ask them what they are saying and they can't figure out what they were writing about either. LOL I have a good friend that has dislexia, and he lives a good ways from me so we have been using MSN messenger for quite some time, You have no clue how glad I was when they introduced Video messenger! If you think that's bad above, Try reading a dislexic redneck with a fitth grade education Instant message!

Reaction score
The only word that was a little slow coming was Swonde. The first thing that entered my mind was why were swans coming last night? All the rest came quickly!

j.w.

Notice that I deviated from the rules on that one word. The first and last letter are supposed to be in the right place. I cheated on purpose and did not end the word with the proper letter. How does "It sowned lsat nhgit." read? It makes it a lot easier, doesn't it?

Gordy

Reaction score
The ones that get me are the ones that make no sense and you ask them what they are saying and they can't figure out what they were writing about either. LOL I have a good friend that has dislexia, and he lives a good ways from me so we have been using MSN messenger for quite some time, You have no clue how glad I was when they introduced Video messenger! If you think that's bad above, Try reading a dislexic redneck with a fitth grade education Instant message!

Fishin4cars,

I guarantee that I can come up with a few that will really scratch your brain. I am a member of a FTA satellite forum and we have members from all over the world. Try reading a post from someone who doesn't speak or write English well to begin with. Add that they are not extremely literate in their own language and that they text often so they also write like they text. AND they don't understand the technical jargon of satellite technology as they are beginners to the field.

I have seen posts that look more like a chemical equation than a troubleshooting question! You hate to ask them to repeat themselves or reword their question, not because you are afraid to make them feel bad, but because having an aneurysm trying to read their first post was bad enough!

Gordy

Ask a Question