j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep looks like the "my media" file wins! I'll fix my siggy tomorrow so it's all nice and tidy and knock off the extra, queens.

No room for but one queen in this castle
1644280016488.gif

Now get back to your regular chores @brokensword and @Dimelius
1644280081717.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep looks like the "my media" file wins! I'll fix my siggy tomorrow so it's all nice and tidy and knock off the extra, queens.

No room for but one queen in this castle View attachment 147232

Now get back to your regular chores @brokensword and @Dimelius View attachment 147233
heh, ain't you figure it out yet, Lil Queenie, pestering the queen IS our chores...heh heh :cool:

Should be fine; haven't heard anything to undo the process. Will put something into Super Boss' inbox re procedure and let her file where she may. So, you get your siggy all gussied up, and I'll see to making my siggy...ah, wait; there ain't nuthin FOR me to gussy, capiche? ;) :D :cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yup!

And us Mac users can stick together!
HA, didn't know! One question, if I may; did you do a 'drag from one window' to the other and 'drop' it in the siggy box? When I try to drag and drop into my siggy box, it won't stick and I have to use the 'copy image address' technique that tells the siggy box it's a url. If you do do a drag and drop, can ya outline exactly how you did it? Very interesting!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had to copy the image address, insert an image, then paste the URL. Couldn't do a drag and drop and make it stick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had to copy the image address, insert an image, then paste the URL. Couldn't do a drag and drop and make it stick.
ah, okay, we Mackies are in sync, then. Thought I was missing something....

(AND NO, j.w - this is NOT an opening for any such self deprecating gif you may own...sowwy, already called firsties...)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
it's going to be the third that does the trick, j.w! Seems uploading to Media, then transferring from there to your siggy, is the ticket. Let's wait until tomorrow and get some sort of 'instruction set' written up ( @Dimelius ? You DID volunteer...), posted, then we can all cut the gifs not working or duplicates. This way, if anyone asks, there's more than one of us that can help. Ah, btw, I'll be in charge of the Mac peeps, the rest of you can handle all the PC scrum, capiche?

@Lisak1 ; you can see the third of everyone's siggy, except Dime, who has just two diff ones, but they're both visible, yes?

:cool: :D ;)
I can do it if needed

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Change to windows! I did love my SE mac, but darn job had windows which for some dumb reason they put in charge of the network. So I had to convert to windows.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Change to windows! I did love my SE mac, but darn job had windows which for some dumb reason they put in charge of the network. So I had to convert to windows.
what I've tended to find is that the creative industries adopted the Mac early as it was more conducive to their work back then and Windows took control of the business environment. Now, not a lot of difference on the surface, but still imo, Macs are more 'plug and play' and don't have the same virus or update issues. The lines have been blurred over time, based on what I've seen. Thing is, I can get a lot of years out of one Mac and I don't think most PCs last as long, for whatever reason. This one is going on 6 years, got another that's 10 and a couple older that still work but I don't use anymore. As noted in another message, it was frustrating trying to be computer technician over the phone to my 70+ mom with her having a PC and me only ever a Mac. I know I learned a lot about patience during that time period!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think it's safe to eliminate the first couple of anigifs, Lisa; Dime is going to start up the huge Italian Printing Presses and we'll crank a tutorial out fer all the rest!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

No room for but one queen in this castle View attachment 147232

Now get back to your regular chores @brokensword and @Dimelius View attachment 147233
so lil Queenie, ifn yer done butt polishing dat widdle throne, ye can 'off wit dare 'eads!' the first two anigifs in yer lil siggy. Dime and me will see about some officially stamped instructions to run past the Boss' nose and have her scribble something that looks like a REAL siggy on it. You know, jus' in case ye fergets how ta do it!

:cool::p

Ask a Question